Anyone have any experience with Xenotilapia ochrogenys Kipili?

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
That might be the answer right there. It was a good 60-70%. I've always kept Central and South American and just recently started with Tanganyikans and Victorians.
I made the same mistake. I went from keeping discus and exotic plecos to Tanganyikans but kept up my water change routine. I kept losing some each water change until the importer I was get tangs from told me to do smaller water changes for them. I lost way more than $10 during that lesson lol

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
I made the same mistake. I went from keeping discus and exotic plecos to Tanganyikans but kept up my water change routine. I kept losing some each water change until the importer I was get tangs from told me to do smaller water changes for them. I lost way more than $10 during that lesson lol

I just got home and I've now lost 5 of the 6 Cyprichromis leptosoma Mpimbwe that were in there too. Some of the Limia perugiae fry got moved over with them and they're just cruising along. So now I'm out $17.00. I can't complain about a $17.00 lesson though. I've been out a lot more money when I kept Motoros so I'm really glad that I learned something new. I also now know to keep my water changes on my Multifasciatus colonies smaller. I'd hate to lose my little rabbits.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
$17 ain’t bad but that still sucks. At least you’re getting them cheap. I was spending a ton on Tanganyikans to fill my tank. Wish I knew breeders in my area

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
I think some Tangs are more sensitive than others...I have a well so no chlorine/dechlor to worry about. Calvus, julidochromis, shellies, cyps were fine with my 50% to 75% water changes...fry not so much.

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
$17 ain’t bad but that still sucks. At least you’re getting them cheap. I was spending a ton on Tanganyikans to fill my tank. Wish I knew breeders in my area

I started joining the local clubs and going to the swaps just so I don't spend too much money. I only have one good local store but as much as I'd love to buy his fish, it's too expensive. They specialize in African but I'm not paying $25 for a gold ocellatus from him when I can buy a small colony for $20 at the swaps, auctions or front breeders.

Reactions: phreeflow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store