Back in the game!! (2) Orinoco & (2) Intermedia

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
What's up everyone?, been out the aquarium game for a long time, just picked up 4 new guys! So freaking stoked to be doing this again. Thanks predatoryfins.com. they arrived and were freaking eating within 2 hours. Day two, they are smashing shrimp chunks & soaked pellets, just amazing. Here is a little footage of the team, there is some bluegill in there also. I figured geos do well with bass, they may get along well with a school of gills. If not, a nice healthy future snack. No shortage down by the creek lol. Any-who - enjoy, let me know what you all think!

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Week Two - One of the Intermedia is the dominate one, eats everything and alot of it, also owns the middle of the tank. Each O kind of sticks in their perspective corners. One was legit like caught up overnight in my pothos roots and some wood lol, not sure hes so smart. I pushed him out with a pencil and off he went ha. The last intermedia is pretty thin, will only eat shrimp. too small of pieces to pellet stuff just yet.

Side note - I think these are green sunfish growing out, not bluegill.

Any- who Enjoy!

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Thanks! Managed to actually get some pictures today during a water change also!

Hangin...
20240801_105542.jpg

Making sure none gets near that precious corner haha..
20240801_112238.jpg

I love how dark this dudes fins are..
20240801_112233.jpg

Food? - He was the dude lost in the roots baha..
20240801_105655.jpg

Can you guess which one eats everything and which one only touches the shrimp haha!
20240801_105603(0).jpg

Reactions: bassinmike85

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Had an accident with the slow O yesterday :( Seems he injured himself somehow.. Not sure but he was getting harassed by the others and somehow ended up lodged in between the glass and the end of driftwood. Once I dislodged him he like jolted into the back of the tank and couldn't swim any more.

Naturally, I ordered 3 Azuls and 1 more Intermedia cause they had no more os lolllll.. Updates soon!

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
I am willing to bet the other Intermedia is next, still wont really eat anything but select pcs of shrimp. Seems to hide a lot too, slow getting to the shrimp he does get. I also have a suspicion it gets a little rowdy when the lights go out, new guys cant come soon enough. I was hoping the bluegill / sunfish whatevers would help like dithers but they both just fight their own species lol.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
So again this morning, the weak intermedia was hiding behind the heater all sketched, big guy messed with him when he came out so somethings going on at night for sure. Hopefully the 4 Azul's will help spread it out. Ideally I end up with one of each at the end here but i might not have a choice lol. I swear are some cichla just dumb maybe? Like people bah

• Sad
Reactions: pwmin
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store