Bali Catshark Breeding

Crumbs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2007
Canada
Here is an updated video of the pups in their first stage grow out tank.

[video=youtube;SYOletllHS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYOletllHS0&feature=plcp[/video]

Crumbs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2007
Canada
Thanks!

I am keeping them at 78F.

These pups are from a couple days old to over a month. It may have been a first feeding for one or two. I saturate the small tank with a variety of food to make it more enticing and accessibly in front of them. The new borns pick up on feeding relatively quickly watching their siblings chow down.

I feed the pups everything I do the adults and either chop it or mush it down to size. That includes tigre shrimp (not aquacultured), squid and cuttlefish tentacles, marine fish such as capelin, silversides, mackerel and other odd ball snacks like crab etc.. I will also gradually work some Mazuri vitamins into their diet but focus on getting them to eat first.

Following each feeding the rocks are removed and tank thoroughly cleaned. This small tank is patched into the larger system to support the biochemical oxygen demand.

Crumbs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2007
Canada
I just noticed that from a mobile phone my website is not visible in my signature. If you would like to see my website with all of my shark breeding it is BENTHICSHARKS.CA
Thanks for reading

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
I cannot believe this post isn't getting more love. This is by far one of the coolest setups/projects I've seen on MFK, and those babies are gorgeous.

Crumbs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2007
Canada
Many thanks, I appreciate the kind words! hehe

Crumbs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2007
Canada
Thank you Dawn.

A number of my tagged eggs have hatched and I have discovered that they take from 85 to 93 days to hatch at 78 farenheight.

After five years, here is a little clip of the latest species I have bred and hatched. More info and pics are up on my site benthicsharks.ca

[video=youtube;yOo5e6ztEys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOo5e6ztEys&feature=plcp[/video]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store