"Balloon" Flowerhorn

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Tonight my LFS All for Fish was getting in some "balloon" flowerhorn. So tomorrow morning I am gonna go down and maybe get one, he said they would be $30. He hadn't gotten then at the time I dropped by but he should have gotten them shortly after.

So I take it by balloon they are probably the coin shaped flowerhorn like my shortbody ZZ. I post some pics tomorrow after I drop by.

ShroomMastap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
South Florida
yeah id assume sb...

btw... cant help but notice it seems a lot of your posts start with "today at my lfs" or "was just at my lfs" about how many times a week do ya actually go? I think i go at least 3.. lol

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
ShroomMastap;4552420; said:
yeah id assume sb...

btw... cant help but notice it seems a lot of your posts start with "today at my lfs" or "was just at my lfs" about how many times a week do ya actually go? I think i go at least 3.. lol
2-3 this week, 0 last week, 1 week before last.

ShroomMastap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
South Florida
Chrisplosion;4552427; said:
2-3 this week, 0 last week, 1 week before last.
huh seems like so much more... lol Guess im just the one that lives there! but in my defense there's about 4 in my areas I go to... :p

also I'm pretty interested in the pic of those "Baloons"

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
It used to be more for me but lately I haven't been going much. I will try to get a picture of all the flowerhorn but might only be able to get a picture of mine. I am gonna head out there shortly after they open so I should get first pick.

ShroomMastap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
South Florida
Chrisplosion;4552436; said:
. I am gonna head out there shortly after they open so I should get first pick.
^^dedication

lol thats always my prob is the stores in my area dont put in there new stock till round 4... but sometimes they've got it in by noon.... so I cant say i've always got that shot! GL with picking tho!

They had some nice looking sb at my LFS tonight... 20$ a peice... prob half dollar sized... but noticed there were 2 kirin in the tank selling as SB... But seemed like the best ones were already fished out :(

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Lucky you, these flowerhorn are a rare find in Oregon. I have been to every fish store in Oregon and only once did I see anything other than your regular flowerhorn and it was that shortbody that I have. Hes probably pretty happy that he has a whole 55 to himself right now, but maybe a little mad because I took his female away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store