"Balloon" Flowerhorn

ShroomMastap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
South Florida
well cant say ive seen too many FH in any of the lfs here... saw some low grade RD ones at a petsupermarket once.... but tonight was my first seeing sb's to which I almost got one... but I dont think ive any tank room... because I'm also breeding red dragons... so figured i'd wait! but gl with yo breeding man you didn't try separating them with a divider again?

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
ShroomMastap;4552475; said:
well cant say ive seen too many FH in any of the lfs here... saw some low grade RD ones at a petsupermarket once.... but tonight was my first seeing sb's to which I almost got one... but I dont think ive any tank room... because I'm also breeding red dragons... so figured i'd wait! but gl with yo breeding man you didn't try separating them with a divider again?
No shes in a 55 in the living room with a various other parrots. Maybe I will try and get a female tomorrow depending how big they are. But I would rather get a male.

ShroomMastap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
South Florida
Chrisplosion;4552482; said:
No shes in a 55 in the living room with a various other parrots. Maybe I will try and get a female tomorrow depending how big they are. But I would rather get a male.

with good reason! but if you've got the tank space/$$ and they are good quality get both!!

ShroomMastap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
South Florida
looks so empty and sad!! but remember breeding takes patience! I've read some breeders have to keep them separated looking at each other for longer than a few months ect

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
I'll give my guy a few weeks (knowing my impatience will probably be a couple days) then introduce them again. He aggressive enough to kill my male trimac the same size but lets the female chase him away from the spawning site.

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
Chrisplosion;4552512;4552512 said:
I'll give my guy a few weeks (knowing my impatience will probably be a couple days) then introduce them again. He aggressive enough to kill my male trimac the same size but lets the female chase him away from the spawning site.
You have a trimac?? ive been looking for one for a while now but they're pretty rare here in ca. good luck with your pick tomorrow tho and hopefully they get some nice big ones in with good markings. I think that last one i posted pics of is an sb but im not entirely sure cuz ive only seen a few. I just set up a 125g yesterday so my male red dragon was pretty happy too until i added my female rd and he kept biting at her so i had to put up the divider :/

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
KingOfKings420;4552536; said:
You have a trimac?? ive been looking for one for a while now but they're pretty rare here in ca. good luck with your pick tomorrow tho and hopefully they get some nice big ones in with good markings. I think that last one i posted pics of is an sb but im not entirely sure cuz ive only seen a few. I just set up a 125g yesterday so my male red dragon was pretty happy too until i added my female rd and he kept biting at her so i had to put up the divider :/
Had a trimac, the bonsai killed him.

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
cichcrazy;4552551; said:
Yes,from what I know Balloon is the coin shaped SB. I have a female that I call her a balloon,cus she looks like one for real-lol
Nice, yours is awesome. I hope they are decent size, like at least 3 inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store