Baluarte Beani back in the hobby!

DannyDovii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2017
London Bermondsey
I've taken the female out. I plan to keep this male alone as a wet pet. Pics taken 5 mins ago.

View attachment 1267648

View attachment 1267650
Not bad at all mate.
So are you keeping any other Beani at the moment Andy?
Mines just spawned again mate second spawn in 3 weeks. I got no time to raise any fry right now though! I'm not around enough to keep me eye on them as you have to or risk losing the female.

Andy woods cichlids uk

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2015
Not bad at all mate.
So are you keeping any other Beani at the moment Andy?
Mines just spawned again mate second spawn in 3 weeks. I got no time to raise any fry right now though! I'm not around enough to keep me eye on them as you have to or risk losing the female.
I'm kept two females and two males sold all the rest. They were taking up to much tank space. I've had wrigglers a couple of times, but both times they have been eaten. I'm more happy growing wet pet type fish these days.

DannyDovii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2017
London Bermondsey
Also If you take a look at blesones and yours where yours are more of a dark mustard and olive green colour. Even in your first two pics they really look like different fish. Even though all you have done is change the light! and the fish has only grown 2 maybe 3 inches. It's also strange but cool that Beani have so many subtle but clear colour differences In the many locations it's found in throughout its range.
here's some other pics of my
RIO PRESIDIO Beani

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: keystonewma

DannyDovii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2017
London Bermondsey
Sorry about my last post guys. I hadn't finished that post. Now it don't make sense and missed the point I was making.. Some how it submitted and now I carnt correct it as time ran out while I was pulled away from typing.
My apologies to blesone for this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store