AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
I know a thing or two about tegus.
;)

Still, I just wouldnt do it.
Yeah, they enjoy human contact, not you rolling around at night on top of there cage.

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
Amaroq;1878300; said:
I'm not worried about it being warm at all because the whole front door (96"x24" lxh) is going to be mesh and i will only need 2 bulbs in there. The light bulbs will be inside the cage and i can't see me feeling it through a 7" mattress and however thick of wood i decide to use.

I'm also not to worried about pro-creating being a big problem seeing as I'm only 15 and girlfriend isn't ready yet. (No offense was taken at all in case you may think of it after reading this post :) ) Also seeing as I'm supping the frame so much should i worry about how thick the wood is and just use 1/4 plywood?

I've never noticed a "lizardy/snakey" smell and all my reptiles are in my room, other then right after they go to the washroom but that quickly disappears after being cleaned up.

Spencer
thats the problem... your 15!! Which means ... FORGET IT!!! :ROFL:

yeah I wouldn't go any less than 1/2 but would want it to be as tough as possible so 3/4 is never a bad idea

Amaroq

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2007
In The Little Town Of Bedrock!
I know what you mean basslover34 but she wants us to both have a stable job and be out of school so in case a accident happens were able to properly care for the kid, so trust thats more then likely a few years down the road LOL

Anyways heres the picture

Also AttackFish, do you own any tegu's or breed any? Just curious. Do you visit www.tegutalk.com or www.thetegu.com at all?

Spencer

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
Amaroq;1878353; said:
Also AttackFish, do you own any tegu's or breed any? Just curious. Do you visit www.tegutalk.com or www.thetegu.com at all?

Spencer
I used to go to thetegu.com but I havent been there in a long time.
I read and read and read about tegu's for about 3 years as I was planning to get one, still havent yet but someday I'd like to get a little blue or a red.

I just thought of something though, bunkbeds these days are what, $300 or so?
You could maybe use the bottom section as a frame fro the tegu cage?
Just a thought.

Amaroq

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2007
In The Little Town Of Bedrock!
Wow, never even thought of that. Just did some measuring and there won't be room for my bed to be on the floor anywhere unless it goes above either the Tegu cage or on top of a 6' tall Green Iguana cage.

Spencer

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
that video convinced me i wan't a tegu more then a blue tongue skink

Only thing is what do you use to cover the window in those home made cages ? some type of mess of plexie glass either would work right ?

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
killerfish;1883720; said:
that video convinced me i wan't a tegu more then a blue tongue skink

Only thing is what do you use to cover the window in those home made cages ? some type of mess of plexie glass either would work right ?
Plexi.
Vent holes covered with mesh for aeration.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store