best glass aquarium tank brands?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I've never owned one before but there is brand called aquarium masters in the west coast also and their tanks look good ...I like the way they use black silicone on their glass tanks
I have two of the Aquarium Masters 90 gallon tanks and they were replacements for some really crappy built Aqueon 75’s sold by Petco during their half price sale. The Aqueon had inconsistent things like glass thickness was different on both tanks and silicone work was better on the one than the other.
The Aquarium Masters have beautiful silicone work and the black is also very nice looking. The glass seems clearer than the Aqueon, but its not advertised as low iron. Edges are polished and just has a better fit and finish all around. Only thing I dont like are the thin glass tops. A big fish could possibly get out, Ive had it happen before in the past. The Aqueon tops are the thick heavy glass.

Here is a 90 just before getting put on my rack. Everything is nice and square, good clean silicone work.
859ACEBC-DE26-4EAC-8542-7E4B11B393C2.jpeg
In my fishroom/garage. The Aquarium Masters are on the right and left top. Sorry for the mess, was water change day
385468BC-39A4-4EAF-B3FD-EE08D437D609.png

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Have to add, for a really nice glass tank you cant beat having a custom tank. My main tank is from customaquariums.com. They use black silicone and it is thick! Nice workmanship. I have 3 tanks from them, a 300 and two 65B’s

This is my 300 from them. Not cheap or mass production stuff like the Aquarium Master tanks but very well made.
E2C29EDF-4055-479D-9BBE-0CE275565CDF.png

Dave62

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2018
Pacific Northwest
i everyone is been a while since ive been on here. so id just like to say im no expert but have been doing this for a while, i have had lots of aquariums in the past and currently have a 180 gallon tank and 75 gallon tank setup. so back to my question what are the best aquarium brands? im looking for a new glass 55 or 65 gallon tank, no overflows. ive checked out marineland and aqueon and they both have horrible reviews for leaks and such. im just looking for a nice solid basic 55 or 65 gallon tank. any suggestions?
I purchased my 112 starfire from SC Aquariums and have been happy with it. Is it the best? No idea. One thing I've learned about low iron glass is that it's really soft and you have to be careful not to scratch it, but it is really clear. Mine was setup with an internal herbie style overflow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store