Best monster fish for a beginner

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
Also what i meant was for people to post some species similar to the red wolf and species that are similar to some of the more popular species like red tails and arowanas but that are smaller and more reasonable to have smaller scale for everyone to use

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
No this is in general for everyone but okay so for me its a 30 gallon quarantine/grow out aquarium and im building 6 foot long, 3 feet wide, and 24 inches long pond in summer.
I’m sorry, I do t mean to poo poo your question but this is too general of a question to be asking without knowing the tank size.

Everyone has a different idea of what a reasonable Manageable size tank is vs a large tank.

there are a lot of predatory fish that are small and manageable that can go in 20-60g tanks, are They monsters? No, not in the sense of size. But some of them pack a lot of monster punch.

So even in regards to the term monster you will find variations.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Maybe try looking into the golden wonder killies. They have large mouths for eating insects that fall in the water, they are quick hard hitters of food and yet stay small and also fit into reasonable sized aquariums.

Reactions: Chicxulub

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Midas or Red Devil's.

Start with a little 1 to 2inch fry, grow it out to six inches. This will give you time to set up a std 6ft 125gallon that it can live in for like.

These fish are very outgoing, personable "glass bangers"

Pretty hardy fish so long as you keep up on water changes, will eat anything you give it.

20191004_135325.jpg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
For a young kid starting off in the hobby who knows absolutely nothing, I wouldn't recommend any monsterfish. I'd encourage them to learn the ropes with "mini monsters". Don't try to run before you can walk in this hobby.

A few years getting some valuable base experience will set you up well for when you take that next step into the realm of keeping big fish.

Another point worth noting is that keeping monsterfish can be expensive. How many young beginners have a means to fund such expense, or even own their own property so they can decide what sized tank they can have?

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
For a young kid starting off in the hobby who knows absolutely nothing, I wouldn't recommend any monsterfish. I'd encourage them to learn the ropes with "mini monsters". Don't try to run before you can walk in this hobby.

A few years getting some valuable base experience will set you up well for when you take that next step into the realm of keeping big fish.

Another point worth noting is that keeping monsterfish can be expensive. How many young beginners have a means to fund such expense, or even own their own property so they can decide what sized tank they can have?
I know I may be a kid but ive been researching about monster fish since i was in 5th grade the only thing is i have the knowledge to keep them but i have no experience to keep them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store