Big PVC Caves

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
cant wait to see them all sanded up.....

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Agreed that siliconing and covering with sand/rock makes a more natural look but is that really going to be important in a bare bottom tank? Not trying to start an argument, just an observation.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
dragonfish;1902502; said:
Agreed that siliconing and covering with sand/rock makes a more natural look but is that really going to be important in a bare bottom tank? Not trying to start an argument, just an observation.
That's what I was thinking, since the tank is blue fiberglass the PVC almost matches :)

I am only going to use one in the bare-bottom tank, so I think I will try coating the other one. I have some play-sand I use for sandblasting, but it's not great looking stuff - I may look for something nicer... Maybe fine aquarium gravel or pool sand?

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
pool filter sand would work great! id cover them in sand like everyone else said, and maybe glue a few small rocks around the bottoms.

Oreo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2008
Baltimore
Give them the DIY foam / cement background treatment to make them look like rocks. Shoot them with GreatStuff foam just as a base for the cement to stick to. Then the usual treatment.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I made a little modification (monsterfication?) to one of my caves. :)

m.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
WOW love the MFK cutout!

What did you cut it with?!?! its so clean!

Impressive!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store