Blue Dempsey

Isabell Dunham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2007
British Columbia
I have a ebjd in with 2 fire eels, a bicher, 2 tiger oscars, and a regular jack. they all get along not too bad...the odd time the O's are the bullies..but ti doesn't last long.

XVIPimp

Feeder Fish
Sep 22, 2007
Nashville, TN
Here is an up close picture of one of my juvenile EBJD's.

Everyone else gave a lot of good info, but I suggest checking out bluejax.co.uk (the forum).

Lot's of dedicated owners & information there.

Aquaman_95

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Warner Robins Georgia
Blue Dempseys are like keeping other Dempseys. Alothung they do tend to become agressive.

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Aquaman_95;1368240; said:
Blue Dempseys are like keeping other Dempseys. Alothung they do tend to become agressive.

What exactly is "alot hung"? Was that an attempt at spelling "although"? I have heard they are less agro than the normals...lol

cichlidmasterpro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2007
ohio
superman818;1183461; said:
I have a 6 inch Blue Dempsey and a 9 inch Blue Dempsey. Both are males. They co exist pretty well together. From my experience keeping them, they only show aggression if kept with other cichlids and if they're the dominant fish. If they aren't the dominant fish they become very passive. Almost to the point of not defending themselves. I've also kept them with non cichlids with no problems at all. They should really only be kept with mildly aggressive cichlids. They're just not as tuff as the regular Dempsey. They do grow slow and are very delicate under 4 inches as posted earlier.
I disagree mine is kept with a number of cichlids including a red terror wich is his size and he chases around also other larger cichlids with him hes about 5 inch my third one though first one died in 2 weeks second one died in like a couple months cause of death unknown oh yeah this pic taken with no flash and heck heres one with a flash.But mine might be an exception to the norm i have heard other peaple talk about there wimpy ones so i geuss it matters on the particular fish.

100_0996.jpg

100_0594.jpg

PoopSmart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
mars
cichlidmasterpro;1370661; said:
I disagree mine is kept with a number of cichlids including a red terror wich is his size and he chases around also other larger cichlids with him hes about 5 inch my third one though first one died in 2 weeks second one died in like a couple months cause of death unknown oh yeah this pic taken with no flash and heck heres one with a flash.But mine might be an exception to the norm i have heard other peaple talk about there wimpy ones so i geuss it matters on the particular fish.

Use more puncuation please. I don't know where to pause.

I agree with bigspizz that as a whole they seem much less aggressive than their normal color morph. It could be since they are so inbred. I just have never seen any truly aggressive EBJD's like I have JD's.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store