Building My 15,000 Gallon Mini Mega Tank

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
doubledragon;3897593; said:
Do you go to the Extravaganza every year? I stopped in for a little bit just to pick up some fish off of someone.

Hope to meet you next year.
I try to go to either the ACA or/and the OCA (Extravaganza) each year depending on my health. So maybe I will see you at either in 2010.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
doubledragon;3897603; said:
Just caught the tail end of this thread. Can't wait till I have more time to go through the whole thing.

What is dec21 2012?
I hope it's not something I don't want to know.
According to the Mayan and Totec civilizations of Mesoamerica their calendar December 21, 2012 signifies the end of the "Great Cycle" of more than 5,000 years and the conclusion of the world we know and the beginning of the next.

The return of Quetzalcoatl.

The Mayans correctly predicted that the Earth, Sun and the center of the MilkyWay would be aligned on Dec 21 2012. This could/should cause a polar shift.

The result of which would mean a new world for the people who survive.

These days an approaching or imminent "End of the World prophecy" has taken on the Styrfoam ambience of a cultural cliche.

Depending on our beliefs and transcendent emphasis of our patriarchal religions it is left to each of us to consider the validity of their predictions.

In the mean time I put aside the world denying ambience, global warming and bio-extinctions and enjoy my fish.

bigblue22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2010
USA
probably related or friends with a glass/ acrylic guy

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
I have posted pictures in the larger tank thread about replacing the multi density media sand filters with new Alpha One bead filters. I found the multi media was great for about 2 or 3 years but then the channeling really got bad and back flushing just did not work anymore.

So these are the new filters. One does the 15,000 and the other 2 are on the bigger tank.

I also replaced the 2 hp Hayward Northstar pump with a Wunderflo 1/3 hp pump which can be used because I got the LH (Low head) Alpha One which can operate with a lot lower pressure pump.

It has cut the noise and the cost of electricity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store