May 7, 2013
singapore

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
WOW!

I'm incredibly jealous, I have been trying to find the red spot variety for years now with no success!

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
Beautiful specimen you have there!

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Whaaaaat. Wasnt even aware those existed, great looking channa. Good thing i like canadian girls lol may actually have a chance to keep channa

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
Very nice. They certainly are rare. I remember a thread about them a few years ago, but I haven't seen any since.

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Beautiful specimen you have there!
Thank you :)

Whaaaaat. Wasnt even aware those existed, great looking channa. Good thing i like canadian girls lol may actually have a chance to keep channa

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yes, they exist haha! C asiatica do come in some amazing forms!

It´s fantastic, Auranti!
Will the pattern fade (like the regular one)?
I dont think so. I don't think regular one fades their patterns too. I have mine(regular one) for some time now and she hasn't faded yet.

Very nice. They certainly are rare. I remember a thread about them a few years ago, but I haven't seen any since.
Thanks! It is rare, but they're being bred! So good news :D.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.322500434544787.1073741836.228349703959861&type=3

I also saw the thread, is it this one?

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-480619.html

That pc in the thread is also owned by an SGrean. I hope it is still alive though.

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
I dont think the normal ones fade, but they do change color quite drastically depending on mood. My females 5+ years old now, can be a darker chocolate brown and black, but when excited can develop almost yellow/beigh banding.

Glass was dirty in this one but shows her brighter colors, unfortunately when excited shes even harder to take pic's of lol

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Beautiful piece DC! I read that females have less spots, but yours is really beautiful! Mine changes colour depending on gravel colours. My normal C asiatica had a light based gravel, which i knew wasn't suitable, and she had the colours like yours in the last pic. She kept jumping and jumping, i added darker gravel and she is now settled down.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store