Cichlid clean out in LONGISLAND Newyork...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilfats2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Long Island
fish guy are you coming to get these fish for them or are they paying shipping?

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
R1_Ridah;1997739; said:
Wow.. really, you coming to the meet?

40. Thefishguy7 (+3)

Just checked.. cool....
pm me, if you want me to bring him.
Morledzep;1999359; said:
can you bring the snooks with you too? should i PM you?
yes pm me.

lilfats2;1999655; said:
fish guy are you coming to get these fish for them or are they paying shipping?
I don't know, it's up to them. :) I can't be going out to long island though, you'd have to drop off any fish I'm bringing to the meet at my house. That's a lot of gas money, Morledzep and R1 would have to provide for you driving all that distance. I will bring them to the airport, put them on the plane, hold them for two days, and drop them off at the meet all for free....why? because I'm an idiot.:grinno::ROFL:
Just pm me if your still interested and we can work things out. Lilfat, let us know now if you can't do all that driving, I'm about 2 hours from long island+traffic.

lilfats2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Long Island
If they pay for my gas expense i wouldnt mind driving to you. when is the meet? gas is expensive guys you may just want to call it off. but let me know wat you think... we can talk through here... pms are soo..........private sometimes lol...

lilfats2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Long Island
fish guy wat is that in ur avatar? ebjd?

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
lol...The meet is on the 26, I leave Thursday evening at Newark Airport. Another option may just be a "group" order. You two can split shipping and pick them up at LA international airport. (~15 minutes from John's place...)

It's a carpintis x cyanoguttatus. I posted a few more pics in the photo lounge last week...

R1_Ridah

In Loving Memory
Apr 4, 2005
WEST COAST
thefishguy7;1999775; said:
lol...The meet is on the 26, I leave Thursday evening at Newark Airport. Another option may just be a "group" order. You two can split shipping and pick them up at LA international airport. (~15 minutes from John's place...)

It's a carpintis x cyanoguttatus. I posted a few more pics in the photo lounge last week...
Hey Lilfats & fishguy...

Well as much as I want it, I had time to think about it over night. If what I'm thinking what you have is a "Boulengerella Cuvieri" than they don't take to shipping very well. He looks just like the one I have and when I picked mine up at like 7-8" he was almost upside down just from driving 40 miles. It would be a waste if it dies in transship since you really don't see these to often. Most will say, "Oh they have those at my LFS", yes they probably do but the other variant that looks similar. I'm surprised no one locally has jumped on this from your previous post when you had it up 4-Sale? I even told a couple of people that is in NY about it? Guess they weren't interested, oh well.

Check out my post on the one I have..

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147688

You should post a picture in the photo lounge and ask for proper identification.

BTW - fishguy, thanks for the kind gesture on helping me out. Much appreciated.

cepon3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2006
The United States Of America
Damn Dennis i was just at a mini meet outside the white castle near my house. if this convo woulda took place last week Rob woulda had these fish already and they would been on there way to the meet. you guys have terrible timinggg

lilfats2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Long Island
yea bro i have seen the other version as babies in my lfs but i havent seen the one i have since i got it....

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
Lilfat,

how much do ya want for gas to LI? what are you driving and what kinda gas mileage does it get?

fish guy, if you could bring the fish (snooks)with you on the plane, and i'll pay extra for you to meet my son at the Metro Link Station so you could hand off the box to him if you don't fly into town too late? and yes, i'm willing to pay for the priveledge..
I really don't want them to have to stay in the shipping container for more than 24 hours..

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
R1_Ridah;1999889; said:
Check out my post on the one I have..

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147688

You should post a picture in the photo lounge and ask for proper identification.

BTW - fishguy, thanks for the kind gesture on helping me out. Much appreciated.
No problem, look forward to meeting you. :)

cepon3;2000004; said:
Damn Dennis i was just at a mini meet outside the white castle near my house. if this convo woulda took place last week Rob woulda had these fish already and they would been on there way to the meet. you guys have terrible timinggg
:ROFL:

Morledzep;2000569; said:
Lilfat,

how much do ya want for gas to LI? what are you driving and what kinda gas mileage does it get?

fish guy, if you could bring the fish (snooks)with you on the plane, and i'll pay extra for you to meet my son at the Metro Link Station so you could hand off the box to him if you don't fly into town too late? and yes, i'm willing to pay for the priveledge..
I really don't want them to have to stay in the shipping container for more than 24 hours..
I arrive in San Diego Thursday night(or early Friday-don't know the time change really), but do not travel to LA until 4am on Saturday. They'd be in the container for around 2 days. I can hook up a battery-powered pump or something along those lines to keep them alive and well.
Where's the metro-link station?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store