Classic kids TV shows.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
In Australia in the 1980s a lot of the kids shows on TV were British, I liked a lot of them but the one theme song that sticks in my mind is Grange Hill, i remember the credits were animated and someone stole someone elses sausage or something similar?

If you want an Australian kids show to track down (skippy doesnt count as no one watched it here) then try Simon Townsends Wonder World, similar to Jim'll fix it but without the paedophile host.
As show always tends to be better minus a peado.

• Haha
Reactions: Ogertron3000

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I always liked this back in the day.
My daughter watches the modern version, but as usual it’s not what it used to be.
A79D049E-9438-437E-ABBE-3D5D8437E10D.jpeg

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Oh yes, the banana splits and the pink panther show were essential viewing as a kid.

A special mention for Sesame Street too. Bert and Ernie were heroes of mine.bert-ernie-today-square-180918.jpg

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
This guy was great too, he was really funny. Foghorn Leghorn...MV5BZWQ2Njg2MTEtMDg1Ni00YmVkLWJlMjgtYzk0OTgyZmZjZjk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgyODgxNjE@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: BIG-G and Stanzzzz7

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
In Australia in the 1980s a lot of the kids shows on TV were British, I liked a lot of them but the one theme song that sticks in my mind is Grange Hill, i remember the credits were animated and someone stole someone elses sausage or something similar?

If you want an Australian kids show to track down (skippy doesnt count as no one watched it here) then try Simon Townsends Wonder World, similar to Jim'll fix it but without the paedophile host.
I remember around 1977/78 I used to literally run home from school to watch Grange Hill. The very early series were the best ones though, with Tucker Jenkins as the main character. Later series were not as good.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
This guy was very similar to Dasterdly and Muttley and Wile E Coyote, as in, getting his arse kicked every episode, lol. We have to give a mention to Yosemite Sam.
1200px-Yosemite_Sam.svg.png

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Cartoons? Well...
Felix the Cat
The Professor and Poindexter...whose evil robot enemy was brilliantly name the Master Cylinder.
Popeye
The Flintstones
The Jetsons
Hercules
Davey and Goliath (stop-action animation, very avant-garde then...)
The animated version of Star Trek
All the vast array of Looney Tunes characters: Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, Marvin the Martian, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Wile E Coyote (Supergenius!), Speedy Gonzalez...and on and on...
The original Marvel cartoons, in which cutting out a static figure of the superhero and then sliding it across the screen was laughingly referred to as "animation"...:)

Live action?
The original The Outer Limits
The original Twilight Zone
The original Night Gallery
The original Star Trek...I guess it's called Classic Trek nowadays?
The original Lost In Space
The original Dark Shadows

...and of course many, many others that don't immediately leap to mind.

You know you're getting old when you make up a list like this and every line carries "the original..." before the series name, to distinguish it from one of the endless (and usually inferior) re-boots, re-makes, revisions, re-imaginations and movie adaptations that have sprung up in the intervening years. :)

• Wow
Reactions: esoxlucius
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store