Commonly Sold Rays

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
M|L;364170; said:
yeah, just trying to teach the newbies so they don't say, "oh, that looks like a retic". meanwhile it's obviously a humerosa ray.

one of the most effective ways of identifying a ray is by looking at the tail in combination with the general pattern and the shape of the disc.
Great Info Ming my Boi, if i can also add a little,

There is also a peruvian motro been sold on the market as a false hystrix which is also a common species of ray.

Unfortunatly there is still very little info on this perticular fish species. here's a pic of mine.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
How about pics of the other rays, such as the black rays for us complete ray ID newbs.

audio77

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2006
greenville sc
Ming-

You probably dont remember me. I used to be around a few other stingray sites. I have been out of ray keeping for a lil bit and i know you used to get rays from the same dude i used to get them from in NY. I have totally lost his info, and his name is on the tip of my tounge.

You were just starting to get into rays then. If you have any idea what i'm talking about please shoot me back.

audio77

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2006
greenville sc
it was " jon rare" Rare Afishinado... i just found his name. this site wont let me PM him yet cause I dont have 5 posts yet.. Do you kno wif he is still in business. If so, i need contact Info.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store