Creating natural, functional cichlid display tanks

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 I am not sure/can't remember if this has been suggested. I personally would love to learn more about your approach through specific examples.
By this I mean, a walk through of your thoughts and how you would/have construct/ed a tank for a certain species. Why you chose the plants, the sand, the decor, the numbers you chose and dithers.
I would love to see:
green terror tanks
Firemouths
Geo's
How you shape tanks for SA vs CA cichlids

Just a thought as your unique and well planned set ups could teach members a lot.
I would not mind doing that but I’m not sure there is enough interest on this forum in that area of the hobby ( I could be wrong)
I remember when the biotope section of the forum opened, it was quite quickly shut down again.
I think the bulk of members here are after all” monster fish keepers”
If I thought enough people were interested then yes, I would be happy to share.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I would not mind doing that but I’m not sure there is enough interest on this forum in that area of the hobby ( I could be wrong)
I remember when the biotope section of the forum opened, it was quite quickly shut down again.
I think the bulk of members here are after all” monster fish keepers”
If I thought enough people were interested then yes, I would be happy to share.
I dont think this forum has as many monster fishkeepers as it used to, it seems more a general fishkeeping site these days.
I would be interested to read the "biotope guides" if you feel like posting any.

Reactions: AR1

Finksburg

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2019
Maryland, USA
I've been following this thread for a few years. What an awesome catalogue of information here. Thanks for doing this. I'm excited to implement these ideas in the future.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store