Crenicichla lepidota/saxatilis

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Pretty sure they are lepidota, the suborbital mark is definitely lepidotaish.

Man, these guys are starting to get aggressive with each other for sure. Honestly, I think its more challenging trying to keep Saxatilis pikes over Lugubris pikes just for the fact that Saxatilis group pikes seem to have stronger conspecific aggression issues. They are definitely worth it though, that spangling is starting to make my heart melt each time I see it.

Mark ~ Do it bro!!! I had forgotten how much I missed keeping Saxatilis group pikes, definitely need to start keeping more. Plus they are fairly easier to breed! Bonus!

clgkag

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
missouri
I picked these guys up from Peanut at our last auction. They are awesome little pikes, really starting to develop their spangles. I will try to get some updated pics of these guys up soon.

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
Hi

Those are lepidota's for sure. Definatly not Saxatilis.

Really really lovely fish!

NorCaliCichlids

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
California
My Lepidota/Sax male is about 8-9" and seems to be fully grown. Female is about 6" and she isnt really growing much any more as well. They were growing like crazy to this point and they breed every 3 weeks. Would love to see some comparison shots of both sax and leps. Either way they are really killer looking fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store