Decisions made.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Lol, it was awesome meeting FINWIN FINWIN and her fishy family. Lots of personable cichlids everywhere including a multi-generational harem of convicts and a parrot that would only open up to me if i took my hat off. Looking forward to the new tank when it arrives 🙂
Great of you to do that for a fellow member!!

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
This is NOT a layout. I've just propped these plants up and chose this group because they work best with the background colors. The driftwood piece you see at the bottom is 22 inches. I have another tall free standing piece on the way that will reach near the top. The blue plant is the one I painted and the spider plant I pulled from the 225. I have a couple more silk plants to add. Got a lot of floorspace with this boxy shape.

View attachment 1549474
You sure do go all out with the creativity. Definitely unique. Very interested to see the results…should be one of a kind

Reactions: FINWIN and AR1

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Lol, it was awesome meeting FINWIN FINWIN and her fishy family. Lots of personable cichlids everywhere including a multi-generational harem of convicts and a parrot that would only open up to me if i took my hat off. Looking forward to the new tank when it arrives 🙂
AHEM Honduran Redpoints, sir. Not convicts...

Reactions: Backfromthedead

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
...By the way jjohnwm jjohnwm , there might be blocks stuffed in the stand. Then around the stand. Then on top of the stand. Then UNDER the stand. Just to MAKE SURE it's strong enough!!:nilly:
What safety factors to you take into consideration?!!!
The sky collapsing on in on it?
A tank turning into a solid cube of lead?
Lol, yeah, that's cute and all, but there is no way that flimsy little table is going to withstand the weight of your aquarium! Not a chance!! :WHOA: Backfromthedead Backfromthedead is obviously trying to pull a fast one on you; he likely saw all those convicts bopping and smacking and juking in all your tanks, and hopes that you will have a tank disaster, throw up your hands in defeat, and give him all those convicts which he will then use as feeders.

You need to fully enclose the sides of that little coffee table he built you with premium hardwood 1-inch plywood, then drill a hole into the centre of the top and carefully pour it full of structural-grade concrete. You'll also need titanium-reinforced support rods under the floor, resting on screw pilings that have been sunk at least ten feet into the ground beneath, or until you hit bedrock, whichever comes first.

DO NOT do anything simple. Never react...when you can overreact!!! :)

Too much....is just barely enough. :)

Last edited:

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
You sure do go all out with the creativity. Definitely unique. Very interested to see the results…should be one of a kind
I'm an artist and writer but that's not what I do for a living. Gotta eat, as they say!

I always say be cheap where you can and spend money where you must. Necessity is a mother

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
Lol, yeah, that's cute and all, but there is no way that flimsy little table is going to withstand the weight of your aquarium! Not a chance!! :WHOA: Backfromthedead Backfromthedead is obviously trying to pull a fast one on you; he likely saw all those convicts bopping and smacking and juking in all your tanks, and hopes that you will have a tank disaster, throw up your hands in defeat, and give him all those convicts which he will then use as feeders.

You need to fully enclose the sides of that little coffee table he built you with premium hardwood 1-inch plywood, then drill a hole into the centre of the top and carefully pour it full of structural-grade concrete. You'll also need titanium-reinforced support rods under the floor, resting on screw pilings that have been sunk at least ten feet into the ground beneath, or until you hit bedrock, whichever comes first.

DO NOT do anything simple. Never react...when you can overreact!!! :)

Too much....is just barely enough. :)
Or she could use 1/2in tempered glass lol like parka

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store