Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
Miguel;1928075; said:
How did you do the ramp, in the end?

I got everything from Walmart lastnight

1x sheet of plastic sand rock (garden section) $4
1x large sheet of green styrofoam (craft section) $5
1x bag of cable tie (hardware) $1

Cut the foam into size to fit in tank also cutting the bottom of the front end down a little so it won't float too high off the water. Next drilled two holes into the plastic sheet and finally using the cable ties to tie everything together. Only thing expensive about this project was the tank, bought tank for $15 and had the lfs took out the bottom glass pane for me.

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Beautiful turtles, definitely on my wish list! What kind of filtration are you doing for these guys? I know they need very clean water if you're going to keep them in freshwater or they develope skin fungus.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Owesome turts :D would love to get a small group but here they are very hard to find and very expensive:WHOA:

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Vicious_Fish;1928166; said:
Beautiful turtles, definitely on my wish list! What kind of filtration are you doing for these guys? I know they need very clean water if you're going to keep them in freshwater or they develope skin fungus.
Its also very important that they dry completley when basking, wich obviously isnt hard whit this basking platform;)

Mad About Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
coura;1928323; said:
Owesome turts :D would love to get a small group but here they are very hard to find and very expensive:WHOA:

Thanks

These were bought about three years ago for 100 something including shipping but do notice they're a lot pricier nowadays.

These two are about 6" shell length so I'm hoping they're males and still that way.

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
The have to be the prettiest North American turtles!!! They look very happy.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Mad About Cichlids;1928624; said:
Females usually averages around 8"

I'm still hoping mines are males though *crosses fingers*
Ah, that's still pretty small. Be nice to breed them, are there many people that produce Cb?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store