Disappearing Fish

Recycling Works

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2005
Steve Irwins Shadow
Dude, they jumped out and your dog ate them, had a friend kill his chewawa that way, he ate a puffer that hit the floor during the night and they both died, puffers are poisonous

theory 2, they got sucked into filter

Justin_James

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Canada, Nova Scotia
Ok, well for starters... From what I gathered from the way you worded it, you have 3 clown fish, and 2 bangai cardinals, and the rest of the fish...

Well you cant have 3 clown fish together because one will become dominant and one will be shure to die or in your case maybe 2.

Bangai cardinals are very agressive towards eachouther as they mature with age unless they are a mated pair.

The missing bodies are very common in a reef tank since your hermits, shrimp, snails, and creepy crawlers usually clean up an entire average size fish over night. The cardinal was draged under that rock by these creatures to retreat from the light so that they could safley dine on it.

Sooooo...... I'm sory to say but your fish probably killed eachouther. :(

sjohnson696@yahoo.com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2006
Newport News, VA
I never had 3 clownfish in my tank at the same time. Only 2 at a time. Each time 1 disappeared, I added another. When my cardinal disappeared, he was the only one. I've gotten 2 more since he vanished. Still can't figure out what is going on.

Justin_James

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Canada, Nova Scotia
Well If I were you I would be either looking at what might be going wrong with the water chemistry or tear the tank appart and look for a stowaway creature.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I meant the hermits, they are still my prime suspect after reading about some of the bad actors in the clan.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store