Disc Rot ? Is this a Fungus?

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
AJs picture looks like pigment on the underside. In the pics you posted, it looks to me like a layer of pigmented skin. Probably varies from ray to ray, and maybe disappears with age.

I'm not sure what the bump/warts the Ernesto asked about are. I don't think they are harmful. Both of my motoro pups were born with them in a symetrical pattern. Less visible on the first pup as it has grown. Have seen a few on the adults from time to time, but they disappear.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Nic;1723649; said:
tetracyclene killed a retic that a friend had... maracyn and maracyn 2 i have used with rays with no problem... triple sulfa might be a lil too strong for them to handle... mela and pima fix work great... i would go pristine water with salt and a mela pima combo
Thanks for the feedback, good to know. Was thinking about trying the tetracycline next.

Maracyn eh? I figured that would be too harsh.

Always here the mixed opinions about Mela/Pima.. but I would only do a 25% dose anyways..

After this Triple Sulfa treatment, I am going to go with good water quality, salt, lots of food, and a heavy prazipro bath..

I think it will go away eventually on it's own, because the rays are eating and gaining wait already within a few days. One even came with complimentary heater burn! :D He's a trooper!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store