DIY turtle ramp

Mad About Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
I'm thinking about doing something similar to this but with a 20g with the bottom pane taken out. I just need a few suggestions on best materials to use for the ramp and how about to put it all together.

Thanks in advance

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
any more pixs, from other angles, so that we understand what it is you're planning?

Mad About Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
Sorry forgot to say I got that pic off the internet. But I do plan on making it very similar only with a larger basking area on top. I just need to make the ramp leading up to the basking area.

The pic I posted above is from a google search and in order to read it's contents I have to join that forum:WHOA:

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
Next time please give credit as to where/who the photos belong, to keep copyright problems at bay & from being deleted.

Thank You,

Dr Joe

chesterthehero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
corona, ca
i cant see whats goin on in that pic... but ive seen very nice turtle ramps made of plexi with lines of silicone for traction... simple, clean and it works

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
You can try a ramp out of cork ( I don't know whether it is easy to find it stateside ) or of eggcrate ( although latter does not look natural ), or a piece of plexy with snad and small stones glued to it wit silicone ) Main thing is they get a good hold on the climbing...

Mad About Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
Dr Joe;1926535; said:
Next time please give credit as to where/who the photos belong, to keep copyright problems at bay & from being deleted.

Thank You,

Dr Joe

Wow I did say in my second post that it was not mines and I got it thru a google search, never once did I tried to claim pic as mine:irked:

Can delete this whole thread if want.

jayclarke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Liverpool, UK
I used a ramp made from Slate, i gringed it to a slope and smoothed it off.
I had it supported on 4 posts i constructed. But i think u could use the same principle and sit it on the tank top!
Sorry no pics it was over 10yrs ago when i kept them.
Hope this will help you! J :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store