DIY turtle ramp

Arthur

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2005
michigan
It looks like it's a piece of acrylic that is cut to fit inside the plastic framing and then is cut narrower for the ramp, and then they heated the point where it was narrower and bent it down into the water. Then you could just use a few strips of acrylic and attach them to the ramp so they have something to grab on to so they can climb out.

That's a pretty cool idea too, gives em lots of room to swim as well as a large basking area on top of the tank.

chesterthehero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
corona, ca

theres the silicone ramp thing i was talking about... good ol glasscages.com

Mad About Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
Thanks for all responses

chesterthehero;1931129; said:

theres the silicone ramp thing i was talking about... good ol glasscages.com

That's a nice setup, too bad I'm not too handy with tools:(

Here's link to my ghetto turtle ramp that I came up with.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152799

I got everything from Walmart

1x sheet of plastic sand rock (garden section) $4
1x large sheet of green styrofoam (craft section) $5
1x bag of cable tie (hardware) $1

Cut the foam into size to fit in tank also cutting the bottom of the front end down a little so it won't float too high off the water. Next drilled two holes into the plastic sheet and finally using the cable ties to tie everything together. Only thing expensive about this project was the tank, bought tank for $15 and had the lfs took out the bottom glass pane for me.

To prevent escape I just use eggcrates.

chesterthehero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
corona, ca
thanks to this thread... i think im gunna get a turtle..... ...... dangit

danz

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
Escondido, ca
www.flowerhorncraze.com
I use to have some sliders in my 60g and I built a small platform and ramp out of egg crate that went up to the center support of the 60g with a small basking light. I built a canopy that had a solid back across the back so the turtles could not escape and was fun to watch them dive out of nowhere into the tank :)

I miss them but once they got the taste of fish it was down hill

100_4221.JPG

100_4222.JPG

Mad About Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
Danz I was thinking about doing something similar to that originally but wasn't sure if they would be able to climb on it.

Reason I originally got rid of my Terrapins in the first place was they started going after my fishes too, I would wake up in the morning to find some of fishes with part of their tails bitten off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store