Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
rocky send some to LI and i got some :)

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
I am curious where they get the white plastic dividers that are more like a thick meshed plastic.. TRUST has one in his tank I believe.. I need some dividers I am thinin ;)

catfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2004
michigan
Miles said:
I am curious where they get the white plastic dividers that are more like a thick meshed plastic.. TRUST has one in his tank I believe.. I need some dividers I am thinin ;)
are you talking about eggcrate? they should have it at home depot or lowes

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i use eggcrate.... i thin plexi glass would look cleaner... i bought some and will be putting it in after i can drill some hole in it

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
go it in looks great

i bought a thick blade ment for plexi glass

looks good... but i messed up a cut.. so ima get a few more peices tommrow... they were 9$ for a 36 x 24 sheet..

and for the 180 it cut it to 22.5 x 22.5
left room for the clips

better then eggcrates IMO

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
you do plexi glass also ?

FormulatedFire

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2005
Baltimore, Md
i used egg grate when i divided my tank i think its less work and better flowing as far as filtration and water circulation go......i didnt want something blocking the current of my powerhead or movement of water with my filters so thats why i used it but i do agree that the acrylic would look cleaner

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
The eggcrate seems like the way to go for what I am using it for. I agree that Plexi looks nicer, especially if it was an acrylic tank. I already have some pre-cut glass dividers, but they allow very little to no flow at all. This is only a temporary thing to house a few big cats so they don't beat up on each other at night.. I would like the heat and water to be shared equally on both sides, and since they are larger fish, I will just go with the temp eggcrate ;)

Take pics rayman!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store