Do Red Wigglers "Keep" in the fridge?

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Red wigglers are much easier to raise than night crawlers.

I've raised red wigglers for years and feeding them has replaced the need to buy any other live or frozen foods.

If you're buying red wigglers from the bait store or wherever, start a bin and you'll have more worms than you'll ever need (for free).

Also, it's a great source of compost for plants, gardens and a great way to reduce your waste stream going into the landfill.

I’m gonna hijack the thread for bit, sorry in advance.
I have some space to raise some live non aquatic food and I’m not sure what it should be. I’m trying to decide between night crawlers and red wigglers, what do yall think is better to raise?

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Red wigglers are much easier to raise than night crawlers.

I've raised red wigglers for years and feeding them has replaced the need to buy any other live or frozen foods.

If you're buying red wigglers from the bait store or wherever, start a bin and you'll have more worms than you'll ever need (for free).

Also, it's a great source of compost for plants, gardens and a great way to reduce your waste stream going into the landfill.
Last time I tried raising red wrigglers I apparently didn't choose a container with a tight-enough fitting lid. Woke up the next morning with dead, dried up worms all over the living room floor. Needless to say my wife wasn't pleased and I no longer breed my own.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I’ve been keeping some in the fridge for up to two weeks before they are all used up. I have yet to have any die on me. I’ll raise my own come summer, but for now it isn’t too spendy to buy them. My fish and turtles go nuts for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store