Dovii morphs and strands by region!

presleyk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2011
Northport AL.
I am so glad to be getting some good feedback, I find myself talking about fish all day, man I go to my LFS just to look and get lost in convo for hours I know lamn. I tell my wife I can't help it it's like crack, I just got to have that rock lol!

south15

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2010
san diego
Yeah there really arent any morphs. ive heard of red dovii and seen only one pic!! so yeah i still dont believe the hype on the red. but currently in the hobby that i know of are Honduran, Nicaruaguan, and Costa Rican. i dont know wether the Honduran were riverine or lake fish but the Nics are the blue varient and are lake fish. Costa Rica has Rio Higeron (blue), Rio Heridia ( Gold/Blue), Lake Arenal (Blue). So far i love all the Dovii:) but my personal favorite are the Arenal Males and Rio Heridia females. Mostly due to color on both and the larger build on the Arenal. the riverine (Higeron and Heridia) Dovii are more streamlined and dont seem to get as large as Lake Dovii (Nic and Arenal).
LOL....superfish man you got proved wrong thought you said no such thing as morphs????

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store