DWA listing

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
Jessica Dring;929562; said:
Because they are wild animals.:)
Still make no sense because they are a registered and adknowledged in the kennels, well at least in North America, and there are Dingo breeders... unless it is stupid as allegedly "dangerous breeds" some states and provinces have that outright banned Pitbulls, Jack Russel, Akita, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Malamutes, Danes, Corgis, etc.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Pitbulls are banned over here and have been for a long long time. You can also keep caracals over there, I remember Siesta_sky had one.... over here DWA. Things are different... There has always been something wrong with the lists and the way the licencing is implemented but that's a different story.

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
We were going to do a list of all the controls and illegal/permit species in all the different states and provinces... turns out it's too much of a job and you are all advised to find out with your local laws yourself lol

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
Haha... just have everyone submit their own state's law through their government website then compile them into a single post. Doing it by city would be too much though.

Well at least with Norway you can say -- no herps allowed.

Jessica Dring

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2007
Liverpool, UK.
TheBloodyIrish;929588; said:
Still make no sense because they are a registered and adknowledged in the kennels, well at least in North America, and there are Dingo breeders... unless it is stupid as allegedly "dangerous breeds" some states and provinces have that outright banned Pitbulls, Jack Russel, Akita, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Malamutes, Danes, Corgis, etc.

Yeah but they are going by attacks in the wild etc, they have been known to hunt humans down in packs (yes i am sure) there have been many reports. The problem is that they are NOT demosticated like dogs, most mammals that arent are not aloud unless with a license. Makes sense to me, they could kill you if they wanted to as could any 'domesticated' dog, why add to the problems we have with the domestics attacks? (Not about to go into why attacks happen btw lol, this is just the reason they arent allowed without licenses) and my opinion on it too.

Thanks for that Davo you made a good point there, if some one else keeps them why couldnt I haha!

TheBloodyIrish

Feeder Fish
Mar 3, 2007
Grande Prairie, Canada
Actually I am not too surprised... I think there is a town in Ontario that banned 40 breeds of "dangerous dogs" and the Dingo is one of the listed breeds as well... along with almost everything else.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Also looks like they are changing some of the feline stuff too:
All except the species Felis silvestris, Otocolobus manul, Leopardus tigrina, Oncifelis geoffroyi, Oncifelis guigna, Catopuma badia, Felis margarita, Felis nigripes, Prionailurus rubiginosus, Felis silvestris catus. A hybrid the ancestry of which is predominantly Felis silvestris catus and which does not have a kind of animal specified in this column as a parent is also excepted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store