expensive feeder fish for FRT (:<)

janev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
southern california
Well, I am so bummed. :(

My dwarf gouramis in my 245 gal tank are slowly disappearing. I guess I was really silly to believe that my Fly River Turtle would not be catching & eating them.

He must be catching them at night. I have been home pretty much this week and not seen any tell tale signs of fin, scales or other fish parts.

My other FRT is very passive to his tank mates and there are no missing fish in his tank.

Guess every turtle is different, or……. he just does not have the munchies at night like other turtle does. :naughty:

What are the kinds of fish I can keep with a FRT?

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
janev;1414644; said:

What are the kinds of fish I can keep with a FRT?
Disposable!

Any fish with a FRT is at risk sorry....

arowana man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
cheap goldfish

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Well... a fish eating turtle... probably not best with fish so any fish you don't like.

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
How about some other turtles? like painted/RES's?
Very, very risky IMO. The only turtles I keep with fish are snakenecks and FRTs. I have my FRT in with 10-12" fish (Aro, polys, red hooks, knives). He will catch and eat small fish, and oddly enough, when I tried keeping him with my big fish (18" plus), he terrorized them lol.

janev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
southern california
Gourami Swami;1415909; said:
How about some other turtles? like painted/RES's?

Thanks for the idea about another turtle unfortunately Fly Rivers are notorious about beating up other turtles, and I do not want to even chance it.
:WHOA:
I am not happy about Sebe eating his fish buddys - I would be really upset if he hurt another turtle.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store