expensive feeder fish for FRT (:<)

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Usually keeping fish with turtles ends in disaster for the fish....usually. But there are some exceptions. I have a female convict cichlid that has beem living with my Musk Turtle for about 3 months now and I've seen no aggression what so ever between the two. The turtle totally ignores the cichlid as if she wasn't even there. Actually she follows the turtle around everywhere cleaning up his scraps. They're quite the odd couple. How long this relationship will last, I have no idea.

arowana man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Vicious_Fish;1415387; said:
Get some convict cichlids!!! They're smart enough to hide.
my cons are rather dumb:screwy:. they found there way into my jardinis stomach

arowana man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Vicious_Fish;1418067; said:
Usually keeping fish with turtles ends in disaster for the fish....usually. But there are some exceptions. I have a female convict cichlid that has beem living with my Musk Turtle for about 3 months now and I've seen no aggression what so ever between the two. The turtle totally ignores the cichlid as if she wasn't even there. Actually she follows the turtle around everywhere cleaning up his scraps. They're quite the odd couple. How long this relationship will last, I have no idea.

maybe they'll mate. they would sell 4 a real high price.:naughty:

Vicious_Fish

MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Last weekend I had some issues with my one pleco and the only place I could put him was in with my turtle. So far , so good. Everyone is getting along finde. The pleco has done an outstanding job cleaning up all the algae in the tank. The downside is he's a poop machine. I have to do 25% water change a day now. Anyone want a pleco?

killrmack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Foley Al.
killrmack.tumblr.com
always that possibility of the fish getting eaten i have convicts with my 2 res they dont really mess with them but i know what could happen

janev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
southern california
Vicious_Fish

I have a very large pleco that is about 7 + years old.

It is a string poop bomb also.

You do a 25% change everyday. Oh my that is a lot of work. :eek:

Your are certainly dedicated fish keeper.

Just want to say that your tank is sweet & your musk turtle is so cute! :headbang2

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Vicious_Fish

MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
janev;1427637; said:
Vicious_Fish

I have a very large pleco that is about 7 + years old.

It is a string poop bomb also.

You do a 25% change everyday. Oh my that is a lot of work. :eek:

Your are certainly dedicated fish keeper.

Just want to say that your tank is sweet & your musk turtle is so cute! :headbang2
Thanks for the complement! I more or less do a 25% WC a day but I have a pretty good system for doing it so it's not that big of a deal. Now that the algae problem has died down I'm not seeing as much poop.

Vicious_Fish

MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
davo;1427884; said:
lol cute turtle convict couple. I'm glad your enjoying your pleco experience :p
Yes they are a cute couple. I'll make millions if I get any offspring from the pair. MFK members will get a 10% discount!

I think I would enjoy the pleco experience more if he was a bit smaller. Can I trade him for one of your designer plecos?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store