Favorite artwork

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I like a lot of this stuff, and love some of it. I don't really follow artists, but was always impressed and creeped out by H.R.Geiger, upon whose work the creature from "Alien" was based. But the one artist that I was most thrilled to discover as a young teenager was Frank Frazetta. He was well known at the time for fantasy and sci-fi art that appeared on book covers, movie posters, comics, etc. He had a bold style that was easily recognized by his fans; I enjoy it as much now as I did a half-century ago. One of the key aspects of his art was the "Frazetta girl", a distinct and distinctive female form and face that always appeared in his work...usually in a manner that is very non-PC today, being either threatened or rescued by a Frazetta warrior...oh, dear...:)

I have met two Frazetta girls...or at least, they looked like them. The first was a waitress in a bar I used to frequent. I made the mistake of telling her one day that she was a dead-ringer for a Frazetta girl (and she was...). When she eventually figured out what that meant...which took much more effort to research back then, with no internet...she was so angry that she never spoke to me again. :)

The other one...I married! :)

Here's a Frazetta girl, in trouble as usual...
1657575948439.png

Here's another, barely out of some trouble but likely to fall back into more...
1657576283559.png

These guys look ticked off, probably because they are stuck in one of the few Frazetta paintings that doesn't feature a Frazetta girl...
1657576499601.png

Immature schlock? Yes...but still fun...

My avatar
What? That's a piece of artwork???

It's just the way I imagine you to look; always assumed it was a selfie...:)

GolemGolem

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
AR
Could be worse, you could be into the gorean lifestyle. :) Sure it's problematic as ****, but it is such a style.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Could be worse, you could be into the gorean lifestyle. :) Sure it's problematic as ****, but it is such a style.
I had no idea what you were talking about until I googled it. I remember the Gor novels, only read one and didn't much care for it. That stuff is several orders of magnitude worse than Frazetta ever was...even back in the early 70's it was...oh, let's call it "controversial".

Had no idea that people based a "lifestyle" upon that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store