FREE Fibreglass tank with viewing panel.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Feeling you too! I too have had life take a slightly different direction and have come to a realisation that I was keeping some fish for the sake of keeping them. Not spending much time watching them, just doing feeding and water changes. Slightly different situation as I have just closed 5 tanks down but still have 13 running an indoor pond and an outdoor pond. I am sure I will be shutting some more down too but like you, not all.

On a side note, sorry I didn’t reply, and when I miss them I struggle to get messages back up again.
Techno dunce!

Reactions: AR1 and esoxlucius

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Not what i expected to see when i logged in.
What about the fish, are you going to let them live their lives until they die off from old age then give the tank away?
There is a lot to be said for a smaller simple tank, my 40G guppy tank has kept me interested all year, low maintenance , cheap to run and relatively stress free.

I was going to make the "will you ship to me " comment but jjohnwm jjohnwm beat me to the classic joke.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
What about the fish, are you going to let them live their lives until they die off from old age then give the tank away?
Well, that's another thing. The tank itself isn't alive, it's just a lump of fibreglass, so whether I give it away, smash it up, or whatever, it doesn't bother me one bit. But the fish???

My giant gourami, the biggest fish in there by far, passed a few months ago, so there are no really big fish in the tank now, just a few mid sized and small fish.

If I waited for them all to pass naturally there is a good chance I'll beat them to it!! I'm talking about my pack of clown loach. They're 10 years old but could go on for another 20!! So waiting for them all to die is going to be a long slog, lol.

One of my local fish stores folded in June, and that was a real kicker because they had the facilities to take the lot off me, i even spoke with them about it once. And the other one I go to has a policy of not taking any unwanted waifs and strays.

We do have a UK wide on line hobby related classified ads system over here and it does seem quite busy, I may advertise on there, I don't know yet.

I'm just going to have to see how all this plays out.

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Lotsoffishandthings

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2024
Very strange for this to have come up now. I spent all last night looking at fiberglass tanks with viewing panels as we’re looking at moving and one of the prerequisites is a garage or outbuilding I can turn into a fish room. We’re just in the process of listing our current house so I don’t anticipate and move would happen until Q1/Q2 2025 but if you’re looking to get rid after that point then I’d bite your arm off. We’re in Chester so not a million miles away.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Very strange for this to have come up now. I spent all last night looking at fiberglass tanks with viewing panels as we’re looking at moving and one of the prerequisites is a garage or outbuilding I can turn into a fish room. We’re just in the process of listing our current house so I don’t anticipate and move would happen until Q1/Q2 2025 but if you’re looking to get rid after that point then I’d bite your arm off. We’re in Chester so not a million miles away.
That time frame fits in perfectly with mine. And yes, Chester isn't that far away either. If things go to plan at your end you've got yourself one helluva deal. Keep in touch, either through this thread, or PM me.

Lotsoffishandthings

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2024
That time frame fits in perfectly with mine. And yes, Chester isn't that far away either. If things go to plan at your end you've got yourself one helluva deal. Keep in touch, either through this thread, or PM me.
For sure, will keep in touch.

Not a big believer in fate/ destiny but couldn’t make it up. Spent last night looking at floor plans of houses in our prize range and getting in touch with a couple of vendors, then I see this today. Crazy stuff.

If it all works out I’ll have to give you something for it.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
For sure, will keep in touch.

Not a big believer in fate/ destiny but couldn’t make it up. Spent last night looking at floor plans of houses in our prize range and getting in touch with a couple of vendors, then I see this today. Crazy stuff.

If it all works out I’ll have to give you something for it.
Well from my perspective this tank is going, it's already a done deal in my head. So there'll be no problems on my end, I guarantee you that.

However, I know how fickle the housing game is, all sorts of things could scupper our plans at your end. So for the time being we can only hope that things go swimmingly for you.

Even if you don't find the right property until 2026/27 that still works for me. There's no massive rush, it's just nice to have some sort of a provisional plan in place.

Nearer the time I could give you my postcode and you could even come up one Saturday/Sunday morning and have a look at it running. You'll obviously need to measure it up too so you're confident it'll comfortably go where you want it.

All the filtration will be with it too, along with pumps, power heads, heaters, canopy, the full works.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Now you have got someone interested, at least post a picture of the tank in question.

If not the tank, the angle grinder will do.
Can you even post pictures/videos on the marketplace? It's the first time I've posted in this sub section.

There are loads of photos on the forum already of my 360 anyway, but I'm not sure whether L Lotsoffishandthings has seen any.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store