Flowerhorn Newbie

ol78hunter

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
South Dakota
Dang, that's good. Id snag for sho.
From my knowledge, mirror training is fun and something to do when you're bored.
Thanks I really like this guy. Hes fun to mess with. He loves eating out of my hand. He's looking better every day. Getting a nice red to him and his kok is getting much larger.

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
So sorry to hear that. Must have been awful I can't imagine. I don't want to imagine it honestly.

My old black rhom shattered an "indestructible" cheap heater when he was around 10". He loved loved loved smacking into it continuously. Luckily it shorted out before cooking him.

Congrats on your fry tho!

Yes, never ever go cheap on heaters guys.
It was definitely a shocker to walk into the room and see that. It can happen with any of those heaters really. I'm just bitter with Aquatop because it was their heater with my fish. Their heaters are rated for smaller tanks with the wattage. It was a 300w in a 125 and I think their box said it rated for a 75. When Aquatop asked me about that and I told them, they responded that it wasn't rated for that size tank and kinda got dickish about it. I agreed and let them know there was another 300w at the the other end of the tank also. Radio silence after that.

KenisFishRoom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Thanks I really like this guy. Hes fun to mess with. He loves eating out of my hand. He's looking better every day. Getting a nice red to him and his kok is getting much larger.
if he is already so confident and comfortable around you, I would def. try some tricks with him. could get some $$ from instagram/youtube vids and eventually get the attention of food/aquarium supply brands. I have seen it happen.

KenisFishRoom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
What tricks you thinking?
just get him comfy with finger tunnels, looping a pencil, etc. eventually move up to bigger stuff like above water finger loops or underwater intelligence tests. film it and post on Instagram then youtube. people will watch it. its A great way to make some cash.

JSpilo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Maryland
Any recommendation for 75 gallon tank? I am thinking 2 smaller heaters than just one.
I always only use one; personally I always prefer to put heaters in the lower middle near the one of the 3 canister intakes to evenly distribute the heat. I use 3 Fluval 307 canister filters so there's a good amount of flow and they help heat up the water a bit too.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
I always only use one; personally I always prefer to put heaters in the lower middle near the one of the 3 canister intakes to evenly distribute the heat. I use 3 Fluval 307 canister filters so there's a good amount of flow and they help heat up the water a bit too.
That's a lot of filter, is it a community tank? For just one flowerhorn, I am not sure how much of a filtration capacity I would want.

JSpilo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Maryland
That's a lot of filter, is it a community tank? For just one flowerhorn, I am not sure how much of a filtration capacity I would want.
Nope just the one Flowerhorn. Wife won't let me get any more ?. They're filled with 18lbs of BioHome SuperGravel. 6lbs in each.

Reactions: Ruturaj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store