Fluval Biomax or Seachem Matrix

oscar and arowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
new jersey
I have a fluval fx5 that is currently running with pre-filter in the top basket and biomax in the bottom. THE MIDDLE BASKET IS EMPTY. That is my issue. I dont know what to put in the secon basket. All suggestions are appreciated except scrubbies. I dont want to hear anything about scrubbies. Does anyone have any experience with seachem matrix or denitrate. thanks

MartinBoy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Las Vegas
not sure but how do you like FX5? were did you buy? I would like to see your tank, I have a silver and want to add oscar and others, any pics?

Mavrick813

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Hamilton, NJ
Filled my bottom basket with Fluval Ceramic Rings, Top two baskets with Matrix, Lined the top with Filter Floss, and then it has the FX5 sponges around the sides.

Mike

oscar and arowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
new jersey
I got my fx5 on amazon and I am really happy with it. As long as you maintain it it is fine. I was thinking about either biomax, matrix, denitrate, or some other ceramic ring. Which is the best bet? I would love to put up a picture for you guys of my tank. I sadly hae no idea how to..

oscar and arowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
new jersey
I need to fill the middle basket of my fx5. I have fluval pre-filter in top and bio max in the bottom. Does any one know which one is better to use. THanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store