Found fish dead with mouth open. What caused this?

JakeH

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2009
Houston, TX
Rule #1- Never listen to advice from any LFS employee who is willing to sell you a JD, GT, or Jag for your 10 GALLON TANK!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares WHY that fish died? I'm just glad it didnt have to suffer in there for any extended period of time. I understand the fish was/is only 1 inch. I understand its a grow out tank. All I'm saying is that each one of those large SA/CA cichlids should have its OWN 10g growout, or be housed with some other species.

BALLER34IG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
NEW YORK
I gave him my tank divider and his plans are to buy a divider for his 55 and put them in there. He bought a lil bit bigger jag and he said the fish seem to be ok for the time being. I agree with everyone on here but I'm not gonna tell him what to do cuz hes an ass

BALLER34IG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
NEW YORK
Update on the gt and the jag. The bigger jag beat up on the gt but didnt kill and he said he was just gonna bring the fish back but he lost the receipt and he doesnt want store credit so i gave him 5 bucks and took the fish so they can get the proper care. My friend the ass said the gt will die but i dont think so. i looked over the tank i gave him and noticed that he had the temp at 87 degrees. The fish are now at my place in the 10 gallon but im gonna put them in a 20 gallon long with a divider till i set my 75 up..I had to take them and i didnt wanna take the fish back in the condition they were in cuz it would make me look bad since everyone at the lfs knows me very well.

JakeH

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2009
Houston, TX
BALLER34IG;3810259; said:
Update on the gt and the jag. The bigger jag beat up on the gt but didnt kill and he said he was just gonna bring the fish back but he lost the receipt and he doesnt want store credit so i gave him 5 bucks and took the fish so they can get the proper care. My friend the ass said the gt will die but i dont think so. i looked over the tank i gave him and noticed that he had the temp at 87 degrees. The fish are now at my place in the 10 gallon but im gonna put them in a 20 gallon long with a divider till i set my 75 up..I had to take them and i didnt wanna take the fish back in the condition they were in cuz it would make me look bad since everyone at the lfs knows me very well.

Highly responsible & very admirable move on your part. Glad to hear they are in the care of a solid MFK'er.

BALLER34IG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
NEW YORK
thank you. good news to report. when i got home with the tank i lowered the temp and the fish seem fine with each. i will put the divider in when im not home tho. look for pics soon ill post the link here to so its easy to find

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store