GIANT gouramis

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
One post is more than fine to ask multiple questions, please don't ask questions in multiple posts,

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
So once again, I've got another, our silver aro died a couple of weeks ago and the tank was always planned for a GG so here we go again. Once again I've found they have real stability issues when they first go in, already both eyes have glazed over but he/she is feeding and swimming fine, more to follow

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
It would appear we have bought the shyest giant gourami ever. We got 3 stripped silver dollars as tank mates and we had to sign a waver to say we wouldn't keep them in the same tank? The dollars rule the roost until food goes in and then no one gets in the way from Gary when it comes to food, the rest of the time he hides in the leaves and rarely comes out. Based on this we are going to transfer our other dollars to the big tank and see what's what, we have a spare tank set up just in case it all goes wrong, let me get a pic

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
We have a giant gourmai, it's taken a week of hiding in the leaves but the second the lights came on tonight he was bang at the front of the tank wanting feeding:)

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Sorry, that's not a redtail, but a giant gourami, nice fish though, looking at the fins, looks like a female

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Took a pic of mine, both still juvenile, bottom around 12", top - the redtail around 8-9", you can clearly see the red color in the fins

image.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store