Grass Pickerel care/introduction

Zmuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
Oswego Illinois
bumpylemon;4215004; said:
may i suggest that you get a redfin pickerel? those will stay smaller than the grass. and they are really cool. i caught 2 a month ago and they went from an inch to about 4 in that time. they are monsters...they devour things the second i put them in there.
Those are the ones that I actually want to get. Do you know of anywhere to get them?

Tom

Umbra

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Try larger deep bodied fish if you're keeping them tropical. Large, quiet cichlids (keyholes, large discus, etc.) and other calm, slow moving fish that are *far* too large to swallow would be my choice. As mentioned before, they are very greedy and will oftentimes overestimate what they can handle and end up killing another fish and possibly themselves (choking). I've never had problems with territorial aggression from any Esox sp..

nickmak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2010
california
just got two grass pickerel from Brian Zimmerman yesterday in the mail, I'm still not sure what tankmates they'll be getting. they have a 95 gal. to themselves for now.

Zmuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
Oswego Illinois
nickmak;4224189; said:
just got two grass pickerel from Brian Zimmerman yesterday in the mail, I'm still not sure what tankmates they'll be getting. they have a 95 gal. to themselves for now.
Nice.. Cant wait till I get back and I can order mine.

How are his fish? How big?

Would you recommend him?

Thanks,
Tom

nickmak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2010
california
the whole transaction went smoothly, they are a little over 3 inches and arrived healthy. Brian answered all the questions i had, he was very helpful and patient i would recommend him.

troutking

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2008
nickmak;4235772; said:
the whole transaction went smoothly, they are a little over 3 inches and arrived healthy. Brian answered all the questions i had, he was very helpful and patient i would recommend him.
Is there a link where i can view his stock?

mrwinkle

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2009
South Georgia
how about a fl gar, albino catfish, and some red fin pike cichilds as tankmates?

mrwinkle

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2009
South Georgia
i just saw some youtube footage got to have one if compatible.

mrwinkle

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2009
South Georgia
mrwinkle;4263377; said:
how about a fl gar, albino catfish, and some red fin pike cichilds as tankmates?
someone helo me out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store