Green Arowana Price>??

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
The TRUST said:
There is no such thing as a green arow that is NOT Asian. Only other arowanas that are Scleropages and not Asian are the 2 Aussie ones.

yep only asian aros (S Formosus) are classed as green aro's the other aros are silver/blacks from south america and jardini and leichardti which are from australia although most jardini are bred in asia now.
then you have the other colour varients of asian aros which are still S Formosus.

rweedon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
pullman washington
hmmmm... there is a local guy that has a green arowana! how long have they been illegal here in Wa. Trust cuz the LFS owner had one in the last 6 years at least might have been even less time than that didn't realize that these were asians...

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
SoFlo
Take a pic. They have been illegal since Nixon issued the endagered species act.

If he is sure it's a green, then it's Asian and it's illegal.

being illegal doesn't mean u can't get them. u can get them but you're not supposed to have them.

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Cypress, CA
$1200 for a 12" green aro!!! wow. Didn't know they cost that much wherever you are. I've seen them for sale in the black market at 4" for $120.00, and about a 10" for $300.00

Hope you don;t spend that much money on a green aro. For that price you could get a nice red tail gold.

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Cypress, CA
The Happy Mud Skipper said:
what LFS? the guy that I'm getting it from has a indoor pool that he converted to a heated pond full of chili reds, green and jardini arowanas it

He's making a hell of alot of money off it.
He told me he's making about $60,000 profit alone off the chilireds that he raises
WOOO! Let's see some general ledgers. I can always say that's how much money I make, but without the check stub...it's BS. I heard someone said before "money talks BS walks"...

:lol2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store