Growth rate of a black ghost knife

cmartin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Canada
I fed twice a day when my BGK was smaller - once in the morning and once at night - but only small portions. Now I feed him bloodworm, etc. at night and I just add some flakes and sinking wafers in the morning.

I have Tetras and Corys that spawn fairly regularly in the same tank - especially after a larger WC. That is when Shadow develops a 'rounder' belly than normal - and I reduce the amount I feed him. I have never seen any fry so I assume that he does a pretty thorough job.

I just watch him and if he is more active than usual - looking for food - then I give him a little extra. I think they go through 'growning spurts' just like kids. Sometimes they need a little extra and other times they don't.

bgk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2008
atherton
my BGK is only 6cm thats about 2 and a half inches and is in a 66 gallon 250 liter community tank with lots of rocks and driftwood at the bottom and some plants i will be getting more soon. if feed him once a day with flakes any idea how to make him grow faster

plz help

bgk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2008
atherton
i live in far north queensland and i used to have blushing knife he was stollen any idea where i can get one on any internet sites in qld for under $50

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store