Hai Feng?

Water

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2007
Houston
Just got the Fast Color kind. Anyone have any reviews/Results they would like to add or show? Pics would be nice :)

Also, is it true this brand has unnatural hormones?

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
They're good no doubt. But from some crazy die hard FH keeper I've talked to on FHcraze doesn't really like it. And the reason behind it is because it only brings out the color temporarily so you have to keep feeding them Hai Feng. Most of die hard FH guy is all about ChingMix and Grand Sumo Original or Red.

Camphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
Howell, Michigan
I use hai feng super color as a staple pellet for my flowerhorns because it produces good results and I was able to buy a huge container of it for $35. The sumo cost me $40, the chingmix was $22 but you don't get very much. I feed hai feng in a can mixed with chingmix headbooster, grand sumo red, and omega one cichlid pellets. Works for me and my fish eat it all. I feed a lot of extra stuff too like frozen mysis, freeze dried krill, various foods from omega one, nls, and kensfish.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I've seen Hai Feng turn fish that are naturally yellow, orange, and light pink, to red, so I guess it depends on your definition of good results.
Tetra Color Bits will you give you the same good results.

Personally I prefer my fish to show their natural color, and not be colored via an excessive amount of synthetic color enhancing agents.
But hey, that's just me.

Reactions: Ruturaj

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
Water;4401229; said:
I want the pink in my fh to become red.. is that possible?
If you want to boost certain color to be something from pink to red as much as possible. Then GSR(Grand Sumo Red) seems to work the best in my opinion. But if it doesn't have it in the gene, it will not show. But GSR will try to improve it as much as possible only. I see a lot of awesome results with GSR. This is all I can say about improving redness...

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
There are ways to enhance a fishes natural color (especially red), no matter what its genetic make up is.

I've seen Hai Feng turn fish that are naturally yellow, orange, and light pink, to red, so I guess it depends on your definition of good results.
Tetra Color Bits will you give you the same good results.

Water

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2007
Houston
BIG_ONE;4401466; said:
If you want to boost certain color to be something from pink to red as much as possible. Then GSR(Grand Sumo Red) seems to work the best in my opinion. But if it doesn't have it in the gene, it will not show. But GSR will try to improve it as much as possible only. I see a lot of awesome results with GSR. This is all I can say about improving redness...

RD.;4401574; said:
There are ways to enhance a fishes natural color (especially red), no matter what its genetic make up is.
This is great news for me lol.

RD. The fh in your ava looks awesome. Im hoping mine can get that red. (If that picture isnt enhanced/photoshopped in anyway)

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Much easier if you simply buy a FH with the genetics in place.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store