Hai Feng?

Beardedglitcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2021
Jersey
I’m new to flowerhorns I just got a male maybe seven months old ? Maybe older I’ve been feeding him bio gold plus pellets with assorted freeze dried and a little bit of ultimate pellets his kok and color have doubled if not tripled in less then a week I ordered a bunch of the specialty food for him but now I have had people say to throw it out it’s poison (destroyed fish’s stomach) stick to the staple stuff basically all the food u would feed any other cichlid,, any one have really bad results with this stuff hai feng or ocean free I really don’t want to harm the fish but I also don’t want to throw all this food away

C7DD7D75-2BF8-4825-B9BE-229FCC52AB39.jpeg

Beardedglitcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2021
Jersey
I’m new to flowerhorns I just got a male maybe seven months old ? Maybe older I’ve been feeding him bio gold plus pellets with assorted freeze dried and a little bit of ultimate pellets his kok and color have doubled if not tripled in less then a week I ordered a bunch of the specialty food for him but now I have had people say to throw it out it’s poison (destroyed fish’s stomach) stick to the staple stuff basically all the food u would feed any other cichlid,, any one have really bad results with this stuff hai feng or ocean free I really don’t want to harm the fish but I also don’t want to throw all this food away

View attachment 1455007
The last picture was only like three or four days ago crazy

C53DEEA5-C165-4CF9-B011-407B4C005675.jpeg

9F11684E-6CA3-45B7-9820-342F384E9E90.jpeg

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia

View attachment 1455007
Besides the fact that these foods are harmful there is no real trade off either. It will do no benefit. These are just crap food. That’s it. Color and shape is all based on genetics. To bring out the best in your fish you just need to feed high quality pellet and do your water changes.

Beardedglitcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2021
Jersey
Besides the fact that these foods are harmful there is no real trade off either. It will do no benefit. These are just crap food. That’s it. Color and shape is all based on genetics. To bring out the best in your fish you just need to feed high quality pellet and do your water changes.
They should erase old **** that promotes poisoning the reason where here no?

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
They should erase old **** that promotes poisoning the reason where here no?
Nope because this is an old thread and it’s a discussion forum. Not that old threads don’t have plenty of great information. But It’s up to the member to decipher right from wrong information and almost all flawed or wrong information gets corrected anyways. If you want the most quality information look at more recent threads. Anyone recommending foods like these would not fly nowadays now that we know more about these foods.

Reactions: Ruturaj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store