Help me with 240g stocking

Lakehouse

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
Glendale, AZ usa
Hi members
First off this is my first post and am excited to learn from everyone here.
I just got a 240g (96x18x30tall) and it came with qty2 fx5 filters. I’m in Az and definitely have hard water and hope to use tap. My plan is to do 1-2” river rock size on the bottom with a large “log” piece of wood (manzanita). My inspiration is the tank at bass pro shops. Like the bottom of a lake.
anyway I need help on fish selection that won’t outgrow the tank. I’m hoping for maybe 4-8 large fish. I think my downfall on this tank will be the 18” front-to-back dimension but it is what it is.
so here are some fish I’d love to keep but I think some, if not all, will be too big. What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Arowana
Armatus Payara
Peacock Bass
Redtail Catfish
Knife fish
Gar fish
Iridescent shark

I’ll see if I can post pics. If so, I’ll post a pic o

IMG_2630.jpeg

IMG_2629.jpeg

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
Welcome, and congrats on the tank. I like the scape idea and love those lake tanks. I haven't kept any of the fish you've listed but you're right about the 18" width being your biggest hurdle. You could still get a few big fish in there, but big as in cichlids in the 12-15" range I would think. There's tons of cats that could fit, and others here can help suggest similar looking fish to some of the others on your list. 240 is still a great size but your fish have to be able to turn around.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Wow, interesting dimensions don't think I've ever heard of a 'thin' 240!

How would you keep the large rock clean of gunk? It looks great but I learned the hard way its a nightmare to siphon.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store