Herichthys cyanoguttatus vs. carpintis

VRWC

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2009
The 9ᵗʰ Colony
www.youtube.com
yea, im no photographer and I didnt start taking pics of my stock until about 3 yrs ago when I gained access to a good camera at work, so most of these are crappy phone pics. The ones that arent, the flash blew out and made look yellow or greenish. They arent/werent at all...it was just the flash.

Also, the cyano and escondido were some of my first "real" cichlids when I got back into fish and I dont have any digital pics, just polaroids that i have no scanner to get them to the comp with. Ill bring them to a friends sometime soon and scan them in.

Click on them the lahillas one to make it bigger.

chairel8.jpg

lahillas.jpg

vontehillo.jpg

auratum

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2008
Michigan
Thanks for posting the pics VRWC! This helps to better understand your comments as well.

Thanks!
Patrick

VRWC

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2009
The 9ᵗʰ Colony
www.youtube.com
no problem man. ALso, if you go to the media lounge, modest_man has a good pic thread of his vontehillo that are more representative of their true colors than my pics of them.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
Both are must haves if you like this type of fish. They are different because of the pearl size and pearl colors. Cyano r white tone,n Carpintes r blue tone pearls.

If i were yoU, i'd look for both and keep both. Find a breeder/seller that got both.

They are great lookin fishes. Just some of them are mean. My Escondido b4 was mean.

auratum

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2008
Michigan
VRWC;4518289; said:
no problem man. ALso, if you go to the media lounge, modest_man has a good pic thread of his vontehillo that are more representative of their true colors than my pics of them.
I saw that thread yesterday - they are awesome!

Thanks for the advice the animal guy.

Thanks!
Patrick

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store