Hi guys, finally got some pics of my tanks and fish

Stump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2008
Bichir Alley
Trimax;2978454; said:
Thanks a million man! Any idea where I can get some info on this fish, ie ultimate size, diet, special considerations it might have different to other birchirs care and feeding. Should it be ok with my Ornatipinnis of the same size?
No problem. Glad to help. ;)

The Polypterus Primer 3.0 sticky in the polypterus section is extremely helpful. It has tons of information. Nearly everything you are looking for will be found in there, or the other stickies available there.

IMO, your Ornate will be fine with the Lap. Usually similar sized bichirs are compatable... Usually. I have the 9-10" Lap seen in my avatar with three 5" Senegal bichirs with no problems so far. I wouldn't worry about it if it were me.

Trimax

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Dublin Ireland
Stump;2979294; said:
No problem. Glad to help. ;)

The Polypterus Primer 3.0 sticky in the polypterus section is extremely helpful. It has tons of information. Nearly everything you are looking for will be found in there, or the other stickies available there.

IMO, your Ornate will be fine with the Lap. Usually similar sized bichirs are compatable... Usually. I have the 9-10" Lap seen in my avatar with three 5" Senegal bichirs with no problems so far. I wouldn't worry about it if it were me.
Thanks again man i'll check out the stickies. Do you know if laps are common or rare?? I got this fish as a gift from a supplier so I don't know the value. HA HA love your signature!

Stump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2008
Bichir Alley
Trimax;2979309; said:
Thanks again man i'll check out the stickies. Do you know if laps are common or rare??
It's hard to say... It depends which area you are in I suppose. Bichirs aren't too common where I live, at all. I actually got mine by mistake... I still don't know how a distributor can mistake a Lapradei for a Delhezi. :nilly:
I got this fish as a gift from a supplier so I don't know the value. HA HA love your signature!
lol Thank you. :D

Trimax

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Dublin Ireland
Stump;2979325; said:
It's hard to say... It depends which area you are in I suppose. Bichirs aren't too common where I live, at all. I actually got mine by mistake... I still don't know how a distributor can mistake a Lapradei for a Delhezi. :nilly:

lol Thank you. :D
Well it's a good mistake according to an Asian Arowana collector friend of mine thier quite rare in Europe and Asia, Only one breeder in Germany! Worth twice as much as an Ornate. Well a 12 inch Ornate will cost ya 60 euro here and their rare here too. so it's a good fish to own! Not sure about the US.

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I see a snakehead in one of the bichir pics!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store