how long do senegal bichirs live?

Keeper of the Ropes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2006
Texas
oh. well all I know is, If the senegal I have now dies, I will still love bichirs. nothing can turn me away from them. Because I'm a bichir addict!

It won't... :) Little buggers are hard to kill as long as you remember to feed them.

Keeper of the Ropes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2006
Texas
AAAnd I wanna get in on this poly quest too... but I've only seen senegals and ornates. I own both :D

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
how long do senegal bichirs live?

in captivity?15 years is about the average Therefore some will live longer and others shorter

and in the wild? This data us not available

Mem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2006
Jersey
Through the years I have had my share of fish but I must admit my senegal bichir (about 2.5 inches) is very interesting. Once it was able to survive the crayfish (that is no longer with us :D ) caught him right in front of me he is one of my most active fish. I was buying supplies at my LFS and saw the little guy missing an eye but seemingly happy as could be I just had to have them. Due to his "Wink" being stuck he was purchased for only $4! He lives with six 2" african cichlids, a 4" brown knife, and some cat that I need to identify. Great fish to have! Sorry to run on and on and on and ............
:headbang2

Keeper of the Ropes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2006
Texas
Thats kinda how I got mine. The first one I got I found at this horrid petsmart with the worst customer service ever. It had gotten into a fight with a larger poly and both of its side fins had been ripped off. It couldn't swim at all and I felt bad for the thing - it was only maybe an inch and a half long. Now he's pushing 7 and healthy as a horse. The second one was starving to death at another petsmart. Looked like a Qtip - big head, little thread of a body. Bout the same size as the other, now pushing 6 inches. Rescuing is rewarding and fun :)

ninoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2006
10°17' N 123°54' E
in captivity, well yup 15 to 20 years on the average. 6-8 hours out of water (others may have revived a fish w/c jumped out of its tank longer than this)

STATIC X

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2006
philippines
I BUY MY SENEGAL 1998 AT 8'' INCHES LONG NOW 2006 IT IS MONSTER.....:WOOT:

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\PREDATOR\2006-07-25\senegal.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store