Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
lookin good try to fatten it up in the next few days

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
Nice newt! They are moderately close to firebellies; not the same genus, but on the same branch within the newt subfamily.

JIM

Banned
Nov 5, 2008
Indiana
i have about 10 various darter species in a 40 breeder , small river gravel bottom lots of drift wood and rocks for them to perch on, and hide around, the LOVE blood worms but will take most any meaty food, and also mine will take hikari mini pellets as well, Fantastic little fish i would recommend to anyone.

Passionate 4 pikes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2008
Manaus, Brazil
I am off to get some guppies today....

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
Passionate 4 pikes;3490575; said:
Thank you every one. i have learned a lot!
I got the newt and it is so cute. Or they related to the firebelly newts?

Great looking newt . I agree they are cute.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
WahooWillie;3485591; said:
While this may be so, many streams (even cool ones) reach into the 70's in summertime. Also, achieving 50-60 degree waters in aquaria requires a chiller.

Darters do not require live foods (though it is really good to incorporate into the diet). They convert easily to frozen bloodworms and they can be used as a staple, and supplemented by other foods. if you have trouble getting them converted to frozen worms, try putting the worms in front of a powerhead or output of a filter. The movement of the worms will help give an appearance that the worms are wiggling, and the darters will strike.

I had a hard time converting my darters it was only when I switched to glass worms was it that they all switched.

By far they still prefer live black worms and eat that with gusto while thawed they take but I can tell they don't love it.

I went back to black worms over the weekend as they just seemed happier.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store