ID CATFISH please?

Stanv03

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2022
ATL, Georgia
Hello everyone, long time no post lol. Anyways about a week ago I went to my LFS. Was looking to get a little cleanup crew to help keep the bottom of my 125g a little clean after my messy Oscars lol. The sealers girl recommended catfish. She specifically recommended these cats out of the others that they were selling. There was 7 but I ended up getting 3 all about the same size around “3 inches”. They did have 1 that was about 6-7 inches and a little chunky. (I wish I would’ve taken a picture of it) but anyways she sold them to me as “Pictus catfish” for $20 each. But I just wanted to see the specific cat they are because when I search up pictus they have polkadots. These don’t as you can see… so what kind of cats are they?

IMG_0863.jpeg

IMG_0878.jpeg

IMG_0875.jpeg

IMG_0870.jpeg

Stanv03

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2022
ATL, Georgia
I think these are 4 lined pims Rpul Rpul thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter Fishman Dave Fishman Dave
Pimelodus blochii, 4-lined pim. Nice little fellows; they get up to 30cm. Rather active, but also get rather belligerent with age. Quite hardy.
cool, thanks!

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Defiantly 4-lined pims (blochii)
Get a nice size. Much better option with Oscar’s than the P. Pictus.

they will mostlikely squabble, though it shouldn’t cause Damage. Add another if it’s a concern to even the aggression out.

Reactions: Stanv03 and AR1

Stanv03

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2022
ATL, Georgia
Defiantly 4-lined pims (blochii)
Get a nice size. Much better option with Oscar’s than the P. Pictus.

they will mostlikely squabble, though it shouldn’t cause Damage. Add another if it’s a concern to even the aggression out.
I have 3, so far I have not seen any aggression between them, I have 3 pvc pipes I use for my Bichirs and then I recently added this cave, so they hide in their own “caves” for the most part, the 2 in the picture hang out together. Then the 3rd one Hides in a pvc pipe with the Senegal.

IMG_0689.jpeg

Reactions: AR1

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
They are the bigger cousins of Pimelodus pictus. Great cats to have really. More active than most, always swimming about hunting for food.

Reactions: Stanv03 and AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store