Ideas for an all Amphilophus tank....

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
In a couple months I should have some Carpinitis or Festae available if you want to change course.

Reactions: Cich Mind

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
In a couple months I should have some Carpinitis or Festae available if you want to change course.
Not sure yet... I want to keep the community tank feel about it so the 2 bichir stay along with the 3 large bala sharks. Leaning towards just a single cichlid that can get 14"+ or so but get along well enough with the others. In the past Ive had a red bay snook, pearsei, Regani that all did well with tankmates. Kind of thinking about another Pearsei but just am so tired of the growing fish out thing. Thats all Ive been doing for the past two years. I like to keep my fish for their lifetime and sadly I recently have been dealing with fish passing of old age and now Im starting fresh again.

Not that it would make a good tankmate but I do have all those trimac growouts, lol. Maybe one of them could get the 300? Wonder if he would even allow tankmates?

Reactions: Deadeye and Jexnell

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Sorry man for your loss

Hope it works out for you.
Thanks, its that whole bad things come in 3's... the big devil injuring itself and dying, the other large midas developing a swim bladder issue and now? Im waiting for the 3rd one to drop.

I have to say while it was running smooth this was the best tank combo I had ever had. While overstocked and a ton of work it also was super active and calm. The stock with the 4 amphs, 3 bala sharks and 2 bichir was just a perfect combination. Im already missing the perfect calm in this one.

Reactions: Deadeye and Jexnell

Chyron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2019
This is my tank full of a red devil/rose queen hybrids I accidentally made. (Also the world's most chill jaguar). I didn't want to sell anyone a hybrid, nothing eats them, and I didn't want to kill them, so I chucked them in that tank to see what happened. There's 12 including 2 pairs that try to have eggs, and it's probably my favorite display overall at this point. These guys are always just seriously stoked to see me.

20210704_000809.jpg

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I think my amphilophus project comes to an end. While the 4 fish that grew up together was a perfect tank getting down to just 2 makes for a tank of bickering. I think I will keep my runt true midas that is about 10" in a 90 gallon for a bit and then rehome the 11" Petsmart devil. That would leave the 300 open to a cichlid inhabitant... what to do?

Got this one this morning that may fit the bill
IMG_20210705_115035628.jpg

• Love
Reactions: beau1990

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
DMD123 DMD123 is that a Pearsei I see?
Yep, I acquired a good 11” pearsei. Its in a 90 healing up in quarantine. It will be my main focus cichlid for the 300. I really missed my old pearsei and when the opportunity came to get this one (For free!), I jumped on it.

Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store