If You Had the Money, Would You Rather Own a Cybertruck or a Real Truck?

Tristan's 6000 Fish

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2024
Vidalia, Georgia/ Brooklet, Georgia
Would y'all rather driver a Real truck or an Ev "truck"??

My neighbor has every Tesla vehicle known to man. The Model Y, Model 3, and now the Cybertruck. He pulled up in my driveway with that monstrosity about an hour ago, to give me a whole car review that I didn't ask for. At first I thought it was cool because I'd never seen one in person, but after about 15 minutes of him yapping about all the features I was kind of unimpressed. While it can accelerate fast, is made of solid medal, and looks like a glitchy vehicle from an old video game, it isn't much different from the Rivian truck( another Ev "truck") .

I drive a Real truck... Ford Raptor, along with an Esclade V, and my Patrol vehicle which is a Chevy Suburban,but if I hade to drive a geeky mobile I actually would prefer the Rivian over the Cybertruck. I'm not an Elon fan, while I do appreciate the things he's done with SpaceX, and Twitter, I ain't driving no fully electronic Elon-mobile, nor any ev. The Ford Lightning is a disgrace, the Mustang Mach-e is a disgrace, as with most Ev's.

Clearly, my opinion is biased as I'm an American, but I was wondering what y'all's opinions where on the matter.

SilverArowanaBoi

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Would y'all rather driver a Real truck or an Ev "truck"??

My neighbor has every Tesla vehicle known to man. The Model Y, Model 3, and now the Cybertruck. He pulled up in my driveway with that monstrosity about an hour ago, to give me a whole car review that I didn't ask for. At first I thought it was cool because I'd never seen one in person, but after about 15 minutes of him yapping about all the features I was kind of unimpressed. While it can accelerate fast, is made of solid medal, and looks like a glitchy vehicle from an old video game, it isn't much different from the Rivian truck( another Ev "truck") .

I drive a Real truck... Ford Raptor, along with an Esclade V, and my Patrol vehicle which is a Chevy Suburban,but if I hade to drive a geeky mobile I actually would prefer the Rivian over the Cybertruck. I'm not an Elon fan, while I do appreciate the things he's done with SpaceX, and Twitter, I ain't driving no fully electronic Elon-mobile, nor any ev. The Ford Lightning is a disgrace, the Mustang Mach-e is a disgrace, as with most Ev's.

Clearly, my opinion is biased as I'm an American, but I was wondering what y'all's opinions where on the matter.
To be honest, I'm not too fond of any truck as I find them impractical for my specific needs, but if I had to choose, I would go for a real truck instead of those cursed silver dumpsters. lol

On the topic of Ford Raptors, I love the Ford Bronco Raptors; those are friggin beasts.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
It's a hard pass on the EV anything for me, even when I was still in the states. Now that I am in the Philippines, there is nearly not enough charging stations to actually be able to reasonably use an EV. Back in Portland it's almost there, but still not there.
So my choice would be a restomodded square body Chevy. Modern engine and drive train that produces nearly three time the power of back then. Yet still have the gorgeous looks of the square body Era of Chevy thrucks.

Something around here, lowered but not scrapping the drunk dots low
images-2.jpeg
Not my pic thank Google and it's original owner.

ken31cay

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Here EVs aren't practical because there are only a handful of public charging stations in the whole country. I saw a Cybertruck in person for the first time about 4-5 weeks ago and spoke with the owner. My conclusion was that it is unique looking (boxy, yet sleek design), has some nice features, and yet it had little appeal to me personally or professionally. I purchase a good number of vehicles each year as part of the work I do and am still not even close to considering EVs.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
unless it was as cheap as a bicycle!
Jeesh krich, my "bicycle" was £4500!!!! And I have another one at £2000, lol.

They are 100% raw pedal power, no electric powered rubbish for me, and that includes the vehicle I drive too, a Ford Ranger.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Jeesh krich, my "bicycle" was £4500!!!! And I have another one at £2000, lol.

They are 100% raw pedal power, no electric powered rubbish for me, and that includes the vehicle I drive too, a Ford Ranger.
I'm certainly far from the level of cyclist who would be shelling out that many clams for a peddler.....a Walmart Huffy for just shy of two hundred bucks would suit me just fine.

Tristan's 6000 Fish

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2024
I would go for a real truck instead of those cursed silver dumpsters. lol

On the topic of Ford Raptors, I love the Ford Bronco Raptors; those are friggin beasts.
Cursed silver dumpsters is an interesting way to describe one, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Tristan's 6000 Fish

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2024
It's a hard pass on the EV anything for me, even when I was still in the states. Now that I am in the Philippines, there is nearly not enough charging stations to actually be able to reasonably use an EV. Back in Portland it's almost there, but still not there.
So my choice would be a restomodded square body Chevy. Modern engine and drive train that produces nearly three time the power of back then. Yet still have the gorgeous looks of the square body Era of Chevy thrucks.

Something around here, lowered but not scrapping the drunk dot seen a few around here
That is a nice truck. I've seen similar trucks, but most are Fords. That chevy does look nice tho.

Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store