If You Had the Money, Would You Rather Own a Cybertruck or a Real Truck?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I don’t know how much crack elon was smoking when he decided that thing was able to classified as a truck because that thing is not a truck. If it had an actual bed on it like trucks do then I’d be much more open to calling it a truck. Now I’d love a 4 door truck with an 8 foot bed on it or even better a high top extended cargo van.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Now I must admit, that looks pretty cool. What is the frame made of? Carbon fibre?

Is the saddle a one-size-fits-all-cracks kind of thing? Or must you make a mold of your butt in the crouched position and send it in so that they can create a custom shape that fits right up inside there, so that you're sitting directly on your prostate?

See, this is why you hardcore bicyclists go so fast; you don't dare actually sit on that thing, so you are forced to get where you're going as fast as possible so you can get off the bike! :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I had to look this up krich when I got home from work. It's quite a machine by the looks of it, lol. I still can't make my mind up whether I'd look quite the part, or quite the prat, riding around on this with all my aero cycling lycra attire on, probably the latter!!

View attachment 1549163

By the way, here's my expensive bike...

View attachment 1549164
LMAO,....that's like a boardwalk cruiser while I'm more into mountain bikes,spiffy looking bike you have anyhow!

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Now I must admit, that looks pretty cool. What is the frame made of? Carbon fibre?

Is the saddle a one-size-fits-all-cracks kind of thing? Or must you make a mold of your butt in the crouched position and send it in so that they can create a custom shape that fits right up inside there, so that you're sitting directly on your prostate?

See, this is why you hardcore bicyclists go so fast; you don't dare actually sit on that thing, so you are forced to get where you're going as fast as possible so you can get off the bike! :)
Yes, the frame's made of carbon fibre, the rest a mix of aluminium, steel and plastic. Mine's only a mid range bike really. The top end bikes are more or less pure carbon fibre throughout except the drive train which are alloy. A top end bike can set you back between 10-15k.

The racing bike seat looks like an instrument of torture. And if you don't get one that "fits" you, and you spend long hours in the saddle, then you do indeed get tortured, lol. Once you get one that compliments your sit bone dimensions they are extremely comfy really. And don't forget, you also have state of the art computer simulated moulded gel pads in the butt of your cycling shorts too.

All in all my riding experience is just like sitting in my comfiest chair at home whilst doing about 30kph, lol. Another added bonus is that instead of the sound of my wife nagging at me, I hear the lovely sound of birdsong or cows mooing, lol.

SilverArowanaBoi

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Ngl, this conversation keeps getting better and better. :popcorn:

I respect the environment, as I believe that humans we are called to take care of it and not abuse it, but all of these "green cars" that everybody keeps coming out with are just ridiculous. I only know a few who would even want them, and besides, what are they truly doing? Reducing carbon emissions by 0.00000000000000001%? We should focus on things that can (and do) actually harm our environment, such as plastics, deforestation, overfishing, overhunting, and other abusive practices. I believe these things are worse than the little bit of emissions a car makes.

To clairify, I'm not against hunting, fishing, plastic, or any of those things. I love fishing; I wish I could go hunting (unfortunately, I don't have anyone that can teach me how to), and I use plastics every single freakin' day of the year. But I think we should be more mindful of what we do with our catches, kills, and plastics.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjohnwm

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Incidentally, and more on track with the petrol/diesel v electric debate. I've just caught the back end of the Jeremy Clarkson motoring programme, "the grand tour". My son is well into it. He told me that they are refusing to make any more shows, the one I've just seen is the very last one apparently.

This is because, apparently, I don't know the full story, but Jeremy Clarkson is refusing point blank to incorporate any electric vehicles whatsoever in his motoring shows from now on. So it would seem a good time to bring the series, which started 17 years ago I believe, to a sad end.

That's what Jeremy Clarkson, a motoring purist, things of the electric cars. He's certainly not alone in his way of thinking.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Incidentally, and more on track with the petrol/diesel v electric debate. I've just caught the back end of the Jeremy Clarkson motoring programme, "the grand tour". My son is well into it. He told me that they are refusing to make any more shows, the one I've just seen is the very last one apparently.

This is because, apparently, I don't know the full story, but Jeremy Clarkson is refusing point blank to incorporate any electric vehicles whatsoever in his motoring shows from now on. So it would seem a good time to bring the series, which started 17 years ago I believe, to a sad end.

That's what Jeremy Clarkson, a motoring purist, things of the electric cars. He's certainly not alone in his way of thinking.
.....what does the Stig think of electric automobiles,has he offered his opinion?

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
.....what does the Stig think of electric automobiles,has he offered his opinion?
I think "the stig" was from back in the day of Top Gear wasn't he? I'm not sure if he's ever been involved with The Grand Tour. I could be wrong, I don't really follow the motoring shows much.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think "the stig" was from back in the day of Top Gear wasn't he? I'm not sure if he's ever been involved with The Grand Tour. I could be wrong, I don't really follow the motoring shows much.
I'm not sure about Grand Tour either,I know he was associated with Clarkson through Top Gear.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store